/dist/images/branding/favicon

M15 Inverted

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Joe Tamel, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Joe Tamel

Joe Tamel Member

Guys I'm dying trying to figure out this inverted thing. I keep reading that you have to shoot with the camera upside down if you want to be in inverted mode, but I see pics online of the gimbal mounted on the Tero and the camera is right side up. I've looked through a bunch of forum threads but can someone please explain this to me or point me to a thread in the forums that would help me figure this out? Thanks very much.

2. Adolfo Cantu-Villarreal

Joe,

There's lots of information regarding this in the forums, and here's a short and sweet video that covers inverted mode:

Joe Tamel likes this.
  3. Joe Tamel

Joe Tamel Member

Thanks for the reply Adolpho. In this video, the camera is turned upside down after he inverts the movi. I'm curious as to how you can be inverted on the Tero (or car mount, etc.) and still have the camera right side up. I see this in pictures online. Thanks again for any help.

Joe

4. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

Joe,

With the MōVI in the stand, in standard orientation, you can flip the camera cage upside down on the tilt axis. Then mount the camera upside down. Boot up the MōVI with the camera inverted. When you flip the MōVI, like Sam does in the video above, the camera will now be right side up.

5. Adolfo Cantu-Villarreal

Your options are:

- Mount the camera upside down, so that when you go into inverted mode, the camera is the right side up.

- Mount the camera the right side up and on your monitor "flip" the image (most monitors have this function), once in post, flip image as well. *This would be useful if going back and forth from standard mode to inverted mode.

6. Joe Tamel

Joe Tamel Member

Bryan & Adolpho... Thanks so much for the help. I have it down now. One last question (yeah right!), if you're mounting inverted on a tripod, Tero, etc., what is the best way to flip to inverted mode if you are not using the crossbar. Sorry for the newbie questions. Thanks so much.

7. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

If you're going to use the MōVI inverted without the crossbar, on a TERO or tripod, I think it's easiest to start by mounting it the way you're using it. Then balance and rig it while it is already inverted. Then power it up.

8. Joe Tamel

Joe Tamel Member

Bryan... thanks again for helping me understand this process. I've got it now and it seems so simple once you do it. Cheers.

Joe

Bryan Edmonds likes this.