/dist/images/branding/favicon

M5 Tilt motor not working please help

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Frank Manno, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Frank Manno

Frank Manno New Member

Hi everyone..

My tilt motor no longer works.. Here's what happened.

I was holding the Movi in a strange way as I was turning it on and when the Movi game to life it went crazy. It started turning in all directions aggressively and erratically. Was like it was having convulsions. I forced the gimbal to stay still for a few seconds while I turned it off.

Since that, I no longer have power on my tilt motor..

Raising tilt stiffness in configurator doesn't solve the problem It's like the motor is either blown or unplugged.. I took the cover off the motor and it is firmly plugged in.

Can anyone suggest what the problem could be?

-Frank

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

3. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

Frank,
    I didn't see a ticket come in from you, so I wanted to provide you with a link to the probable solution to your issue.

This article in our Knowledge Base explains how to check the other end of the motor connection.

If you still cannot get it up and going, as Andy mentioned, submit an email to support@freeflysystems.com.

4. Joe Tamel

Joe Tamel Member

Same thing happened to my M15 and sure enough, the cable for the tilt gyro was disconnected. Thanks for the article.

Bryan Edmonds likes this.
  5. PJ Mozingo

PJ Mozingo Member

This just happened to me as well. The article solved my issue. The connector for the tilt motor was unplugged. I wish those connectors snapped in so this sort of thing didn't happen, but glad the MoVI is working again.