/dist/images/branding/favicon

Powering Red Dragon?

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Steven Flynn, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Steven Flynn

Steven Flynn Member

Does anyone have any tips on powering a red dragon from a lipo? I want to fly it without the handle for the RED, and I've got the power cable for the RED, but before I go off and make my own decisions, I thought I'd ask quickly to see if anyone has any suggestions for powering the camera from a lipo. ?

Steve

2. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

You should use only 4S lipo. Freefly M10 and M15 lipos run between 15-20 minutes on a single charge depending on the lipo condition.

3. Steven Flynn

Steven Flynn Member

thats a great idea. I'd planned on using the 4S lipos, i hadn't thought of the movi batteries. Is the current draw ok on those little wires?
    thanks for the suggestion.

4. Alex Fuller

Alex Fuller Member

Be careful you don't let the voltage get too low on those Lipo's. I have heard that its possible to fry the RED if voltage gets too low. I could be wrong since I don't use RED often, but thought it's worth mentioning.

5. Steven Flynn

Steven Flynn Member

thanks alex. will do

6. Philip Lima

Philip Lima Member

I use a single 4S battery to power my Movi, FF, Paralinx and RED Epic. They last about 25 minutes, which is fine when your flight times are under 10 minutes. I use this configuration in the air to keep the weight down and it's worked well for me. The Epic can drain the battery lower than it should go, so keep an eye on voltage as you can destroy a lipo pretty quick by draining it too far.