/dist/images/branding/favicon

SmallHD DP4 or AC7?

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Shawn McGee, Jun 4, 2015.

?

SmallHD DP4 or AC7?

1. DP4

66.7%
  2. AC7

33.3%
  1. Shawn McGee

Shawn McGee New Member

Fleshing out my M10 kit and shopping for monitors. SmallHD's DP4 & AC7 are essentially the same price. The DP4 has HDMI pass through, which will be nice for transmitting wireless video when my Mimic ships this month. The AC7 is 720p and a little bigger, but also almost twice the weight. I believe they can both output 5v through USB for the wireless.

Most likely it will live on the M10 itself so I am leaning towards the DP4 for the weight, but the extra size might be nice when the monitor is hard to see.

Thoughts? Experiences?

2. Adolfo Cantu-Villarreal

3. Tim Sessler

Tim Sessler Active Member

I have both the AC7 and the DP7 High Bright. The AC7 works fine for framing but is terrible color wise.
    The DP7 is a good step in the right direction but I have to say I absolutely love the DP7 High Bright. Not cheap but well worth the money!!

4. Shawn McGee

Shawn McGee New Member

It would be perfect if it had 5v usb out for the HDMI transmitter. Takes away from the sleek form factor when I have to add a whole series of dongles on the back. Still looks great though. How were your tests?

5. Tim Sessler

Tim Sessler Active Member

The 5" is neat - very sharp and with lots of features. But in the end its just like looking at an iPhone. Ok for framing? Sort of. Good for pulling focus? Absolutely not.

6. Adolfo Cantu-Villarreal

We're very happy with the 502. Like Tim said, super sharp, lots of features. At 400 nits, you definitely need a sunhood if shooting in bright daylight (which SmallHD will be releasing soon). A High Bright version would be great and I'm guessing it's down the pipeline.

The monitor does have a Micro-USB 5V @ .5A, but I have not tested with a video transmitter.

What I always recommend is that you try out different options. SmallHD has a really useful 30 day trial on the 502.

7. Kirk Williams

Kirk Williams New Member

I have a AC7 OLED SDI brand new I'm about to put on Ebay unless you're interested? $650. LMK. Also have sun hood if needed. Thx