/dist/images/branding/favicon

What products + firmware would you like Freefly to develop next?

Discussion in 'MIMIC' started by Andres Torres, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Andres Torres

Andres Torres New Member

I believe the MIMIC will have greater application than what we've seen in the initial demo footage so far. It's really expanded the scope of what is possible in terms of control and precision, allowing me to take on even greater challenges.

I'm creating this post to inspire the company that's inspired so many of us. Share your dreams + ideas for what you would like to see Freefly turn into reality.

2. Andres Torres

Andres Torres New Member

I'd like to have some motion control functionality - the ability to key frame pan/tilt with a tablet or computer. This would be useful if your MoVI was hard mounted to a tripod or locked off jib. I'm sure there would be a ton of applications, but I'd use this to create some precision Wes Anderson style whip pans and tilts.

3. Andres Torres

Andres Torres New Member

I've also been dreaming of a sensor your talent could wear. It would be cool if this worked in conjunction with the MIMIC so the sensor kept the MoVI framed center on your subject, but you could offset the composition with the MIMIC. I'd also want to place the sensor on a fixed object to have the MoVI keep a fixed point framed for aerials as well. Maybe the sensor could be used to record multiple fixed points as nodes that you could switch between, similar to the new Andra Motion focus system.

4. Paul Christopher Greene

Trackable sensor +1

Precise positional and speed data output and input allowing capture and programming of repeatable moves would be outstanding.

More options and controller input device designs to allow operator to change many more modes on the fly (ala the Mimic pan-freeze button+) including executing pre-recorded moves...

Taking the lead on new controller input device designs like spring or neutrally loaded triggers for focus zoom camera roll etc.

Addressing suitcase mode gimbal lock.

Make MoVI "landable" w/o AC or stand lol.

Neater / more integrated cables, power, video management and controller options (currently can only run WiFI OR Mimic OR etc...)

Easier way to collapse gimbal as small as possible for transport without undoing all balance settings.

Low profile quick release plate instead of dovetail (can't remove camera without losing fore / aft balance setting (make this compatible with RED QR plate! +10000

Some day - nano servo driven camera positioning to literally auto balance a camera physically and auto tune perfectly :)

Brushless motor and spring driven exoskeleton less bulky and limiting than those on currently on the market.

Thank you,

5. Sam Windell

Sam Windell Member

A way to run wifi app from your phone and mimic controller at same time.

6. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I think there'd be a market for a 4th axis for the MōVI. Basically a retrofit handle for handheld mode (probably not necessary for airborne) that had some degree of dampening, either active or passive. Would be great for tracking shots and/or vehicle mounting.

Maybe a replacement Toad in the Hole called the Slinky in the Hole?

7. mark Berry

mark Berry New Member

I'd like the MIMIC Pan freeze button to be latchable on a double click and possibly when lached to include tilt and role as well, as a software option.