/dist/images/branding/favicon

Last firm ?

Discussion in 'Cinestar 6' started by Gustavo Rios, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

Hello,

I'm currently flying with the firm 0.90, by an incident, (lost signal, happily without consequences more than a scare, ) I am thinking to upgrade to the next which allows me an auto-landing preventing me can happen this in the air, I flight manually and I have the failsafe by default; I not change before because some had problems and they returning to the 0.90. I know that the last firm always is the most suitable for their improvements, but I see also that these improvements using more channels. My question, I can use the last firm without problems and setting a failsafe with auto-landing in an FC 2.1 with a Tx spektrum dx8 ?

Thanks for your suggestions and comments,

Gustavo.

CS6
    I2C converter
    FC 2.1 with acc upgrade
    NC
    GPS
    Spektrum DX8 with DSMX satellite

Total weight with gimbal 7kg or 18 pounds

2. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

I strongly recommend upgrading to the latest software. It's been out for a while and its solid. I have been flying it for a while without any issues. You don't need more channels with the new software only if you decide to use additional POTI's. Remember what I said, don't trust MK's auto landing. If you test auto landing 15 feet off the ground its ok but if you are trying to desend from 50 meters I think its too fast. I tried playing with the settings as advised by MK to no avail.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Gustavo:
    Before you upgrade, be sure to Save the firmware settings to a file on disk, then upgrade, and then Load the firmware settings.
    Also deleting the SETTINGS.INI file from the microSD card in the Navigation Controller -- the new firmware will create a new SETTINGS.INI file.

Be careful to check all of the settings once the new firmware has been installed and you have re-Loaded the firmware as above. Do not trust that everything will be correct -- verify!

Andy

4. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

Hi Andy, each firmware has some different parameters for the improvements, it has not be a problem if I replace these parameters with an old configuration?, in this case I'm using the firmware 0.90

Gustavo.

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Gustavo: That's why you need to to a Save Settings in MK Tool, upgrade the firmware, and Load Settings -- that's the way to bring forward the previous settings.

Andy.

6. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

Hi Andy, I have always updated this way

Gustavo.

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Good. It's the safest way to move settings forward, but I'm still suspicious when I do it and double check everything.
    The .mkp file you save to your computer disk is a simple text file, so you can also just print it out and check settings.

Andy.

8. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

Hello, for those who already use the last firm, they can suggest any changes if necessary ?, these are my parameters:

Altitude.jpg Channels.jpg Configuration.jpg Easy Setup.jpg Gyro.jpg Misc.jpg Mixer-SETUP.jpg Navi-Ctrl 2.jpg Navi-Ctrl.jpg Stick.jpg

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Gustavo:
    I think the problem is this:

1. Check the MISC tab.
    2. You have not checked the "Use vario for failsafe altitude."
    3. Therefore, what happens is that when the "Sender" (transmitter) signal is lost, the throttle is set to a value of 65 on a scale of 0 to 255 -- it does NOT act as a percentage of power required to hover UNLESS you check "Use vario control for failsafe altitude."

Therefore, please check "Use vario control for failsafe altitude," write the settings to the Flight Controller and post again.

Andy.

Shaun Stanton and Dave King like this.
  10. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

That will end your day. Almost like dropping the throttle near idle. I almost did that one time and it was a wake up call to double and triple check those things. Luckily I had it at 10 feet and the lost comm was intermittent enough to shunt the initial drop to 5 feet. Where it lost comm again and plopped on all three prongs. Had it been continuous from ten feet I probably would have put in an order for new legs.