/dist/images/branding/favicon

Random shutdown

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Marton Mundy, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Marton Mundy

Marton Mundy New Member

A few times (sometimes very often) the stabilization goes off, like the remote controller kill mode, but we did not use the remote controller.
    Any idea?
    Thanks for the help!

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Martin we'd need some more information to help you. Are you ground or aerial based? What kind of operating conditions? Does it do it only with distance or even when close to the controller. What you describe might be due to low battery voltage with a max camera load. If the battery doesn't have the juice available for the motors then the motors will shut off. Fast movements with a partially charged battery would be a transient type of situation.

3. Marton Mundy

Marton Mundy New Member

Gary, thanks for the quick reply!
    We use it for wedding on handheld situations. It does it with fully charged batteries as well. The camera was a GH4 with a Samyang 24mm (cca. 1500gramm). The controller was in the box at home. This happens sometimes fast movements but sometimes when we waiting for the next shot and I hold the M5 next to me.

4. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Marton probably worth entering a ticket at support@freeflysystems.com. And when you say fully charged batteries are you checking them with a LiPo checking device or just looking at the lights? Could be that while they appear to be charged they are reaching end of life. When it goes limp try and see what lights are showing on the control box. LiPo checkers are inexpensive and the small ones can actually stay on the white molex connector so you have a better idea of battery condition.

5. Marton Mundy

Marton Mundy New Member

We have a LiPo checker, and it shows after fully charged with the Freefly charger: all: 16,8 cell1: 4,17 cell2: 4,19 cell3: 4,21 cell4: 4,26. Could you please help me what should I see in best and worst case?
    We bought our unit 3 months ago. What should be the average battery life expectancy?

6. Gary Haynes

Staff Member