/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mk motor shut down

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Michael comissiong, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

Hi Michael,
    Hi Dave, I have a DX8, I try but the throtle channel stay in the center, no down.

Gustavo.

2. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

Check this:

INFO:
    The emergency gas is only active when a gas value was >40 for at least 4 seconds. This means the copter is flying!
    If the copter stay on the ground, you start the motors and switch off the transmitter, the motors will stop immediately and the function emergency gas is not working!

Now, how I can try this without the risk of flying ?, from the second floor ?

Gustavo.

3. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Gustavo

Gas value at hover is 127 so if you simply start the copter with no props on and put both sticks to the center position, all sticks values will be 127 including the gas value. So you don't actually have to fly it to test it.

1. Take the props off
    2. Hook up the copter to MK tools and channels
    3. Start the copter and then let go of both sticks to their center position.
    4. Shut the radio off
    5. Watch what happens to channel 1 which is the gas value.

With the Specktrum DX8 there are 3 different fail safe modes you can use in the radio. If your test shows that the gas goes to 0 I can tell you how to set it up so that the gas value in fail safe.

4. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

Hi Dave,

The channel 1 not go to 0, but I try with the copter in the hands and "voila", apparently the failsafe activates because I have red light and the motors do not stop, now is the only way to prove it?
    I try this:

1. Turn on radio
    2. Start the copter
    3. Stick gas to the middle
    4. I take the copter with the hands and raise it as if it was flying
    5. I shut the radio off

Now, Is it the only way of proving that the failsafe works?

Gustavo.

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Good suggestions, Dave. The Graupner "Failsafe" might be "Failing Not So Safe."

Andy.

6. Dave King

HI Guestavo

No its not the only way but its the only way you will be able to safely test it without crashing it if the value goes to 0. You don't need to pick up the copter like it is flying. You don't need to simulate a flight and you can leave it on the ground. All you need to do is start it up, the copter doesn't care if its on the ground, or 10 feet high. Just have the motors spinning like they normally would as if the copter has a gimbal on it and it has props on ready to take off. When you have the copter's motors running the MK is working just like it would in flight. The only difference is you don't have props on it and it's on the ground not in the air.

7. Dave King

Andy, Gustavo is using a Spektrum DX8. By default, you are setting the fail safe functions when you bind the radio. You really don't have a choice to have fail safe off. When you bind it you are supposed to bind it with the stick in the down position. When you bind the DX8 you have to hold the bind/train button down and then turn the radio off. If you tried to do this with the stick in the center position the radio will send off a warning and it will not bind. I got around this by turning off the high throttle warning on startup in the warnings settings.

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Oh yeah...I remember reading about that "throttle not at zero" style warning....
    Andy.

9. Michael comissiong

Hi All,
    tried Dave's suggestions but no luck , motors still shut down when signal loss induced.

10. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

Hi Michael, try this :

1. Turn on radio
    2. Start the copter
    3. Stick gas to the middle
    4. I take the copter with the hands and raise it as if it was flying
    5. I shut the radio off

Gustavo.

11. Dave King

Michael

What exactly did you do? Can you confirm what happened in MK tools with the throttle channel when you turn the radio off?

12. Michael comissiong

Hi All
    problem solved
    Graupner did change the FailSafe function in the receivers. If you use the latest Software on your receiver you have to go into the Menue "Setting & Data view".
    There go to the window "RX Fail Safe Vx.xx" and change the "MODE" of channel 1 to "OFF". Now the copter will again receive the lost signal.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Lothar Freudenberg

HiSystems GmbHem .

I had upgraded all my rx/tx graupner stuff after my swimming pool incedent they just did not mention the above.

13. Dave King

Michael

The change of the Graupner menu settings will allow the MK flight control board to go into fail safe mode. I thought the issue with this copter was that when it goes into fail safe the throttle goes to 0. Can you confirm that your copter was going into fail safe or were you not sure?

14. Michael comissiong

Hi Dave,
    my issue was that when I induce fail safe by turning off my radio the MK Motors completely shut off , thus if flying will fall out of sky.
    the throttle looking at it in the mk tools dose not move at all

With the change from Luther when I induce the FS the MK response is as it should be , gose into FS mode etc. motors do not shut down.

15. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

Hi Dave, I need to make the bind again to have the active failsafe ?

16. Dave King

I'm a bit confused I thought you were using Spektrum DX8 not graupner? With graupner you don not need to rebind. With Spektrum you need to bind the radio to determine failsafe default values.

17. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

Yes, I have a dx8 with spektrum satellite.

18. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

Hi Dave, The DX8 has to bind of another way ?

Gustavo

19. Dave King

What do you mean another way to bind? There's only one way to bind the receiver to the TX and you are setting up the fail safe parameters when you bind (unlike Graupner).

20. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

Ok Dave, you can help with the dx8 settings for failsafe?