/dist/images/branding/favicon

MK-Tablet tool frustration

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Nicholas A Donnelly, May 27, 2015.

1. Nicholas A Donnelly

Nicholas A Donnelly New Member

My objective was simple, a small portable set up to fly impromptu waypoint missions. I'm basically looking for functionality similar to the 3DR solo "smart shots". So, I bought the bluetooth module AND the $70 "RE-ID" code that's required to make it work. Finally, I bought a Nexus 9 tablet since the recommended Nexus 7 is discontinued. Obviously, it doesn't work. From what I've gathered, it probably has something to do w/ incompatible andriod OS versions.

I have 2 questions:
    First- does anyone know how to make this work? And second, is it to much to ask MK for a software update that supports current model tablets?! I've emailed MK support multiple times without any response whatsoever.

2. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Nicholas

Your better off using a cheap laptop with the RS232 connection. The Bluetooth is only going to go so far and can interfer with GPS.

3. Nicholas A Donnelly

Thanks Dave. The shooting conditions will be pretty extreme so the goal is to be as light and nimble as possible. I can carry a tablet in my coat pocket. Still hoping to make MK-tt work.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

5. Nicholas A Donnelly

Spendy indeed but Im hell bent on making it work. Its just a little frustrating because I'm sure a quick update to MK-TT would fix the issue. Anyhow, i ordered a nexus 7, will report back w/ results.