/dist/images/branding/favicon

Redrock microremote 3.0 -How to upgrade firmware?

Discussion in 'Follow Focus' started by Igor Bondarev, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Igor Bondarev

Igor Bondarev New Member

Hello everyone!
    I have a question about "redrockmicro wireless Focus"
    - I can not hear from tech support "RedRockMicro" how and when it will be possible to update the firmware manually unit (my serial number need to contact tech support - as it is written in the help file). The base unit is normally updated to version 3.0. Hand-held unit can not ...
    I beg you to respond, somebody from the "redrockmicro", or those who know the answer to my question.
    If a firmware update is required to send "RRM " - it is for me very difficult (almost impossible).

Thank you

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Igor: I'm not sure anyone from Red Rock reads this forum. You might get lucky if another Red Rock customer responds, but I'm not sure this is the right place for you to contact Red Rock themselves.

Andy.

3. Igor Bondarev

Igor Bondarev New Member

- I agree with you, but may be lucky and somebody knows the answer here))
    Lately, I realized that "redroсk" not very friendly company to answer users' questions, very sorry, will have to save money for "RTmotion or " Bartech" ))

4. Adolfo Cantu-Villarreal

Hi Igor,

You can download the update here: http://store.redrockmicro.com/updatemygear.html

I've had really good experiences with Redrock support, hopefully you reach someone, once you do, they really try to take care of their customers.

Best,

5. Paul conto

Paul conto Member

You will be able to update the system yourself, however the 3.0 hasn't been released yet. I email red rock a week ago about this and this was their reply.

Hello Paul,

Thanks for the email. The 3.0 update has not been publicly launched just yet, we hope this can be done shortly. Just keep posted on this page until the links are downloadable. http://store.redrockmicro.com/updatemygear.html

With best regards,

RedRockmicro

Customer Support Team

So it will be available to self update we just need to wait a bit.

6. AJ Lodge

AJ Lodge New Member

Hey Igor,

Like Adolfo said, please visit http://store.redrockmicro.com/updatemygear.html for the latest firmware and instructions on how to update it. All you need is a computer and a compatible USB cable.

Andy,

We try our hardest to visit the forums but yes, the best way to contact us is directly is at support@redrockmicro.com to get the fastest response from us.

Good news Paul!

3.0 is now available. Head over to http://store.redrockmicro.com/updatemygear.html

Thanks!
    -AJ

7. Igor Bondarev

Igor Bondarev New Member

- AJ ,Yes, I understand, but I have a situation like in the help file - "UPDATING YOUR MICROREMOTE HANDHELD UNIT
    IMPORTANT: Please check the serial number of your wireless handheld unit prior to attempting firmware update. If your wireless handheld unit has a serial number below F3103144 you will need to contact Redrock support support@redrockmicro.com to update your firmware. "
    I just wanted a understanding of when for this serial numbers will be firmware update ? or necessary to change the internal board ... In this time i wait mail with answer from support service .
    Thanks all !
    Igor

8. AJ Lodge

AJ Lodge New Member

Igor,

I talked to our support team and they assured me that they have responded to your email with instructions on how to update your firmware.

Thanks,
    AJ

9. Igor Bondarev

Igor Bondarev New Member

- Yes they have responded, and now will need to send in redrock manual unit, they want to examine it. Tomorrow, my friend flies to New York for a week, I will send them to him. The main thing to have time before his departure back.

Thank you AJ!