/dist/images/branding/favicon

Batteries Multistar 10C

Discussion in 'Batteries & Power' started by Gustavo Rios, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I haven't heard of anybody using them. And although I've been curious, I've never actually seen them in stock.

3. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

First report I've seen. Not too good.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Well, the good news is that video starts with the mandatory cliche of "whoosh, thump."

Tough about the Multistar products, though. I guess "you get what you paid for" is especially true for them...sigh. Wish that were not the case.

Andy

5. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

I would never trust hobbyking products especially for heavy lifting copters.

Even the high quality brands like Gensace can't provide full C discharge rate they advertise.

To stay on the safe side, I would calculate the C value as the half of the advertised number. And of course, you should know your copter's power consumption very well before purchasing these batteries.

Steve Maller likes this.
  6. Alex Smart

Alex Smart Member

Any updates around here??
    Regards

7. ausweger daniel

ausweger daniel New Member

hey! i use the 6s 16000mah packs for about a year now and i never had any problems. i use them on a dji s900 with besteady one plus and a gh4 or 5dmk3. i get about 14-15min of flighttime out of them using about 80% of the capacity. they barely get warm and up to now they didnt blow up like the turnigy nanotech do after a short time. yesterday i tried two 8000mah in parallel on my new cinestar8 build (tmotors 4120 with 16 xoar props) with 4,5kg testpayload. i hovered without problems, amp-draw was about 80amps. multistar claims their packs with 10c so theoretical i could draw 160amps but everybody says their 10c are more about like 5c in reallity. so i think i will get some other batteries for my cs8 ...

Alex Smart likes this.
  8. Andy Post

Andy Post Member

We have a bunch of these. Been flying the 10,000mAH 4s's for about a year, and have had no problems with them. Have been using the 6s version since about February. On the 6s, I've replaced one that puffed and have another that just today has developed a cell to cell variance over .1V so it's getting discharged and headed for the dump. I'll probably suck it up and start buying better batteries as these age (which seems to happen pretty quickly for some of them).

9. Andy Post

Andy Post Member

As an aside....I bought two of the GensAce 6s 10k's. Cost for the pair $500. Some really expensive batteries. Right out of the box I noticed that the Cell to Cell variation was already at .032 which I found worrisome. Then I looked at the literature for the warranty before I soldered on power connectors.

The warranty never addresses the length of the warranty. Really, I read it through several times. BUT..they did make it clear that the warranty was void if the battery was used for commercial purposes. So in essence, there is no warranty. Hope they are as good as my bud says they are.