/dist/images/branding/favicon

FW 4.01 - New Release

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Tabb Firchau, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Dylan Law

Dylan Law Member

Hey Cody,

Sounds like you may just need to update your Configurator

2. Cody Cochran

Cody Cochran New Member

That was the problem! Thank you fellow Free Flyers!

3. Thai Christen

Thai Christen Member

Hi All,

Has anyone tested the new firmware with Sbus 2 in conjunction with Futaba 7008SB receiver?
    My setup consist of Frsky receiver for FC and Futaba 6208SB for Mövi in Solo Operation. Now I would love to replace FrSky with 7008 and get telemetry.

Thanks!
    Thai

4. Thai Christen

Thai Christen Member

Futaba folks,

I just updated the firmware and tested it myself. Works flawlessly.
    Setup: Futaba T14SG in Dual Link Mode, 1 Futaba 7008SB for FC and 1 Futaba 7008SB for Movi. Do the linking and channel mapping, voilà.

Hope this helps.

Thai

5. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

Hi Thai

So is it possible to use the Movi and copter with single pilot this way and still be able to tilt with the transmitter and pan with the copter when Movi is in Majestic mode?

6. Thai Christen

Thai Christen Member

Hi Tuukka,

Absolutely! Remember you have to set the FC Futaba to Mode D (refer to manual). Channel 1-8 to control copter, and 9-12 to control gimbal (via second Futaba Sbus to Movi) - in solo majestic mode.

Thai

7. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

I wonder if this solution works with A2´s built-in receiver and Futaba R6208 SB. Anyone?

8. Thai Christen

Thai Christen Member

I wasn't aware A2 has built in receiver. My first copter I installed A2 with 7008 and had a crash due to GPS failure (firmware upgrade). I then switched to Wkg and never had troubles anymore (well, I fly in in Atti or manual only since the crash).

However, I assume if you setup A2 in Sbus it shall work with Movi too. My initial configuration (before firmware 4.01) was Frsky Sbus Receiver for FC (Wkg) T14SG set in Multi, and 6208 connected to Movi - in solo majestic.

9. Akpe Ododoru

Akpe Ododoru Member

Does this mean i can't update my MoviM5 since i dont have the "jumper cable" ?

10. Hi Akpe,

The jumper cable is not used during the upgrade itself. It is required to have onhand in case the update is interupted in some way (ie; batteries die, the bluetooth connection is lost, etc...). This can render the MoVI unusable (bricked) and to resolve you will need the jumper cable. We recommend people have one onhand in case of a problem. They have come with the MoVI for quite some time now. If you do not have one, one can be purchased here: http://store.freeflysystems.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/movi-firmware-recovery-jumper .

Denise

11. Akpe Ododoru

Akpe Ododoru Member

Thanks for the the reply Denise

12. Andrew Wright

Andrew Wright New Member

After updating the Movi, I want to test the Set down sleep mode. But how do I activate it? do you literally just set it down?

13. Andrew,
    Carefully set it down on the ground and after a few seconds you will notice the 3 LED's start to blink. You basically want one of the Top cross bar with the handles, to be leaning to one side when you set it down. The MoVI will basically relax all three axis (sleep). Then the moment you pick the unit back up, the LED's will go solid again, and the motors engage immediately.

14. Andrew Wright

Andrew Wright New Member

Thanks Chris, Ive tried it several times but the lights still stay solid and I can hear the Movi still trying to stabilize. Ive left it 10 seconds and still doesn't sleep. I have version 4.01. its been powered down and rebooted after updating. should all be good.

15. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Do you have the MōVI remote controller powered on, Andrew?
    Try powering it off if you do.

Andy.

16. Andrew Wright

Andrew Wright New Member

No remote controller powered on.

17. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hmmm. (That's the sound of me saying, "Help, Chris! Anything else you can suggest?")

Andy.

18. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

Andrew, have you turned on Setdown Sleep mode within the Configurator app? I believe it is under expert settings. The feature must be turned on after installing the firmware update. I think that's what you were asking but neither Chris or Andy suggested it yet (amateurs! ;))

19. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Err....you're right...I had inferred that Andrew had turned it on...but... :)

To quote Ginsberg's Theorem (more or less): "Things work better when they're plugged in (or turned on)."

Andy.

Chris Harrison likes this.
  20. Andrew Wright

Andrew Wright New Member

Haha, Thanks guys.