/dist/images/branding/favicon

FW 4.01 - New Release

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Tabb Firchau, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

Sam, how is your SD card formatted? I believe mine was formatted as FAT32 and it worked just fine. It is supposed to create a .CSV on the root.

2. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

FAT32 and Ive noticed they have to be 16gb or smaller

3. Martin Stebbing

Martin Stebbing New Member

I also just attempted to log some data. I have formatted the SD card in ExFAT format and enabled data logging. The battery indicator does not flash as mentioned and no data is written to the SD card.

I'm curious to see what kind of data is generated and how it can be implemented into 3dsmax. Will this really be able to provide a super clean camera track? I hope the answer is yes :)

Ahh! I see the last two posts - 16 gb or smaller and FAT32 - Ok!

4. Austin Glass

I haven't tried it since before the public release, but I know that I was using a 32gb Sandisk that I stole from my GoPro. I didn't even format it, I just popped it in and when I was done there was the CSV sitting right there.

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Sam: I logged some data without any issues. What capacity microSD card did you use and how was it formatted? Sorry....the other messages just appeared and I need to read them.

Do you see anything written to the card? Such as a directory with the date as its name?

Andy.

6. Martin Stebbing

Martin Stebbing New Member

Yes, it's working fine now...

7. Sam Fleishman

Sam Fleishman Member

hey Andy, Nothing is written to the card at all. and i don't get flashing lights on movi either.

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hey Sam:
    Prime suspect is the microSD card. What's it's capacity and how is it formatted? And can you test that it's OK by creating a file on a PC/Mac?

Andy.

9. Sam Fleishman

Sam Fleishman Member

I think I need to get a new one. it won't let me format the one I have that I use in my go pro. I also tried using one of those old school micro sd cards that collect data for MK stack.

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

When you say "it won't let me format," do you mean the PC/Mac? If so, then that microSD card is probably toast (or, considering its size, "toast crumb" :) ).

Andy.

11. Sam Fleishman

Sam Fleishman Member

lol yea it was acting weird on pc mac and wouldn't let me format at all on camera

12. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I think that might be the problem, then. I'd use a new 2GB (well, < 32GB) and format it FAT16.

Andy.

13. Sam Fleishman

Sam Fleishman Member

just a side bar for andy or anyone else. Does anyone know any useful tips about switching to 8s and determining proper amperage readings and prop size? I have KDE 5215-435kv and 18" props but I can tell I am over propped. Sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

14. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

15. Sam Fleishman

Sam Fleishman Member

they don't show anything but 4s and 6s for this motor but i know it can handle 8s. if you ran these on 4s with big props all the wires would melt i bet

16. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Oh...good point, Sam. Sorry about that.

Andy

17. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Why are you discussing copter motors on a thread about MōVI firmware? Please use the appropriate threads/forum for that.

Bryan Edmonds likes this.
  18. Kurt Wallrath

Kurt Wallrath Member

I just updated to the new FW and I've run into a couple bumps along the way.

1. Via the Configurator on an android tablet (Nexus 7 v2), I activated the "set down" mode (enabling the Movi to be set on the ground). I tried it out with a very lightweight DSLR on it. The motor charts all went up to 100%. After about 20 seconds they dropped to about 60% but my understanding is they're suppose to go into a hibernation like mode where they draw a very small current until the Movi is picked up again. I understand the lights on the back of the Movi are suppose to start flashing but all 3 remain lit solid.

2. I love that there's a mode in the Configurator to tell the Movi it's either going to be used from a stand or handheld. This mode completely gets rid of the pan-drift issue but now there's an issue of a bounce when I pan. When I pan and let go of the pan stick (on the Spectrum) the pan stops then bounces back a bit. Then if I pan the opposite direction, the Movi pans the camera the opposite direction for a moment before panning the direction I'm pushing on the remote. I've already tried decreasing the pan hold strength and the motor strength without avail. Any ideas?

Thanks!

-K

19. Austin Glass

Kurt,

When you are trying to use Setdown Sleep mode, are you attempting to do so while your RC remote is on? For me I am unable to use setdown sleep while the radio is connected to the Movi. I believe this is a bug, which has been reported, but I am not sure if it's been fixed yet.

Kurt Wallrath likes this.
  20. Cody Cochran

Cody Cochran New Member

How’s it going,

I just followed all of the instructions in order to update my MoVI M15’s firmware and seem to have a problem. Everything on the GUI and update went according to the PDF. Once I went to power it off and back on, the MoVI light blinked on one at a time, but the MoVI was still “limp”. Also when I go to connect it back to the GUI to confirm the status of the update, it reads “Comms revision not recognized”. Not sure if I need the “jumper cable” or need it. I have the MoVI m15 with the MoVI Controller. Is it the wire I had to "de-connect" in order to use the MoVI controller?

Hope to hear back soon,