/dist/images/branding/favicon

Motion booting on a Boat?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Matthew Rogers, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Matthew Rogers

Matthew Rogers New Member

So I've got a shoot next Monday that involves shooting a sail boat on the ocean from another boat and after reading the few posts on here about shooting from a boat was wondering if there is anything special I need to know about motion booting mode? My plan is to try and first boot the movi on land before we head out and use the kill switch a lot. However, I would be shocked if I don't have to switch out the battery at some point since the race I am shooting, along with warmups is around 5 hours long. Since I may not have the ability to test the night before (I hope it doesn't come to that) wanted to see if there are any tips.

Also, should I wrap the motors or anything else special on the movi in plastic to protect it from the sea air?

Thanks.

2. Luke Pearson

Luke Pearson New Member

Matthew, How did your shoot go? I am in a similar situation this week with the M5 and a boat. I haven't had luck with the motion booting and wanted to get your input. I don't have a remote as this is a rental unit.

3. Matthew Rogers

Matthew Rogers New Member

I didn't end up using the movi for the shoot because the person who packed the kit forgot to pack the v-mount plate that I needed to run my Epic with. I ended up on the boat with just hanging the Epic directly from the EasyRig. Shooting high speed helped a ton, but I think the movi would have been much better.