/dist/images/branding/favicon

MoVI Thumbcontroller

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Rod Hartzog, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Rod Hartzog

Rod Hartzog Member

I received the MoVI thumb controller from Wolf Schiebel this week and over the weekend it became one of the most important and well-liked pieces of gear in my MoVI kit. Besides being able to instantly kill power to the motors, I love the fact I can fine tune frame composition without tilting or panning the top handle to "settle in" to a great frame. It also solved the problem of operating the MoVI in "low mode" and needing to tilt up by pivoting the handle and allowed me to comfortably operate near the ground and just tilt up! With a little tweaking in the GUI, I was able to fine tune the operating parameters exactly like a remote TX. I love this addition to my MoVI kit and will not operate Majestic Mode again without it.

Thank you Wolf for hanging in there and finishing/delivering this thumb controller; I love it and will recommend it highly!!

2. Derek Cooper

Derek Cooper Active Member

Is this a custom piece i.e. Not from FF?

3. Rod Hartzog

Rod Hartzog Member

No this is not from FF and was designed and built by Wolf Schiebel in Germany; I ordered it and received it very quickly. In fact, it spent more time in customs than it did being built and shipped by Wolf! I am not affiliated with Wolf and I think he can be PM'd through this forum...

4. mark Berry

mark Berry New Member

Really glad to hear that it's as good as we all anticipated.

5. Rod Hartzog

Rod Hartzog Member

It is more than I anticipated and Wolf is very fast to answer questions and support the controller...

6. mark Berry

mark Berry New Member

I really want one! I asked Wolf to add me to the list as soon as i heard about it but it all went a bit quiet for a few months. Hopefully He will make some more.

7. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

That's super cool, Rod. Does it work with any MōVI? How much did it cost with shipping from Germany?

8. Joshua Binder

Joshua Binder New Member

Again, its sometimes kind of astonishes me that things like this, the solution for the Movi Controller record start/stop has to be fabricated DIY by the users trying to create solutions to problems. Its not like this is out of place for this industry, i mean look i spend time in a machine shop trying to make a better shoulder mount for my camera. But I would expect a little bit more from the company that is supposed to be the top of the line, most expensive and the original.

9. Janne Hoglund

Janne Hoglund Member

If I´m not wrong it only works with Spectrum, but not Futaba :-(.