/dist/images/branding/favicon

How to connect Sbus rx to Movi M5?

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Tuukka Ylonen, May 1, 2014.

1. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

I have quite a basic problem. Where do I connect my Futaba sbus reveiver to :eek:?

Please see the picture. It says Sbus there but there is no place I could connect the servo wire to. Or have I missed it? Also there is the three wire thingy just hanging there freely but I guess that should be there right? At least I don´t find any place where it could be connected to.

Thanks and sorry if I have been foolish enough to miss the sbus connection. Hehe.

M5 radio-2.jpg

2. Rich Spiess

Rich Spiess Guest

Tuukka,

You can access the SBUS port by simply removing the lower cover.

3. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

Thanks Rich. I would like to see this added to the manual. I was suspecting this but I was afraid to remove the cover because I feared I might damage my expensive gimbal.

Sergi Medina likes this.
  4. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

BTW, the hanging wire is for Spektrum. It can be removed if using Futaba Subs.

5. Semiond mathieu

Semiond mathieu New Member

Hi,

Can you tell me please the way you map with futuba and which receipter you are using please. I have a 14sg and want to use ut to control the movi.

Thanks

6. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

My mapping is pan channel 1 (aileron), tilt channel 2 (elevator) and mode switch channel 5 (three position switch). Pan speed and tilt speed are at the round knobs. I have Futaba T8 Super. Roll trim is in channel 3 trim (rudder).

I don't remember what receiver I have, but it does not matter. They all work the same.

7. Semiond mathieu

Hi, Just saw that the 7008SB futuba don't work with movi, that's why ask for this....

Other question : i saw sbus mention on box on the m5, there is no sbus reveiver integrated ?

Thanks

8. Grant Wakefield

Grant Wakefield New Member

You need to purchase Futaba receiver that has S.Bus capability, such as the Futaba R6202SBW, or the R6208SB, (those are the ones that work with my Futaba T8FG super Transmitter. Then you connect your Rx using a S.Bus Data Cable. (it needs to have two female sides. You should be able to get this at a local hobby store.

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Semiond: Welcome to the forum.

If it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/
    Thanks
    Andy

10. Grant Wakefield

Grant Wakefield New Member

Do you map the channels in the actual transmitter in the Function menu?

11. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

I map the channels to respective actions (pan -> channel 1 for example) in the software. Then I map the required channels into a desired control switch on the transmitter. For example channel 5 that is the mode change channel in my radio, can be mapped to numerous different switches on the T8 Super. I just choose one that suits me best. Channels 1-4 are mapped in to the the sticks permanently so there is no need or possibility to remap them. No need=pan and tilt is most natural on a stick rather than a switch or poti.

12. Semiond mathieu

Hi,

Sorry for username. Change done. Grant, what are the diff between the two receivers ?

Thanks

13. Ryan Salyer

Ryan Salyer New Member

What tool do you need to disassemble the sbus cover?

14. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

If you mean the cover on the lower right hand side of the Gimbal controller (as you look at it from the back), I use a 1.5mm hex driver.

Andy

15. Ryan Salyer

Ryan Salyer New Member