/dist/images/branding/favicon

FW 4.01 - New Release

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Tabb Firchau, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey guys,

Just a quick note that we launched FW 4.01 today. Take a look when you get a minute....some additions we think are very useful!
    • Datalogging
    • Set down sleep
    • Heading assist

http://freeflysystems.com/software-manuals/

Note - please make sure you have the jumper cable before initiating FW update, and never update your FW right before a shoot!

Thanks!

Tabb

Wolf Schiebel and Steve Maller like this.
  2. Brett Harrison

Brett Harrison Active Member

Wow, thank you Tabb and Freefly - been waiting for these features, and pleasantly surprised by others. As always, worth the wait for a superior product.

3. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Exciting stuff, Tabb (and all @FreeFly).
    A couple questions:
    1) re: "Micro SD card slot on the MōVI"...does the M5 have a card slot?
    2) is there documentation on these features? for example, the procedure for compass calibration?
    3) is the jumper cable available somewhere?
    Thank you!

4. Hi Steve - If your MoVI did not come with a jumper cable, drop support@freeflysystems.com a note and we will get one sent out to you.

Cheers,
    Denise

5. Derek Cooper

Derek Cooper Active Member

Does the Controller also get an update to reflect the new features?

6. Ryan Hawley

Ryan Hawley Member

What is the Jumper Cable? I don't remember that ever being mentioned before, or am I just missing something because it's an early morning? :)

7. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Ryan in the case that there is an issue during the update process, usually caused with a dropped connection, the Controller may lock up (brick). The jumper cable enables the upgrade process to be restarted. Make sure during the upgrade that you have a solid bluetooth connection and don't have other BT devices close by that may interfere. Really not a common problem but it has happened.

As Denise mentions send a message to support@freeflysystems.com and they can get you the cable.

8. Ryan - Here is an image of what the jumper cable looks like.[​IMG]

9. Hi Steve...Yes - all MoVIs have an SD card slot.

Steve Maller likes this.
  10. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

Ikbal Arafa likes this.
  11. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Steve, just initiate the compass cal from the System menu and follow the directions. It will automatically open the terminal screen.. self explanatory from there.

12. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Thank you!

13. Ryan Hawley

Ryan Hawley Member

Thanks Gary, and Denise. Definitely have to get myself one - as you said, just in case. :)

14. Fritz Mueller

Fritz Mueller New Member

What is the procedure for Compass Calibration? I started it but ended the process part way as I didn't understand what it was expecting and now have a IMU Error Gyro FAIL warning. Hmmm... Thanks for any info.

15. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

16. Fritz Mueller

Fritz Mueller New Member

Thanks Gary. I rebooted everything and the Gyro warning has gone away and things seem good.

Is there info yet on the procedure for Compass Calibration? After I started it the Configurator switched to the Terminal window but I don't understand what it is asking for?

"Compass calibration...
    Face North then pitch back+180degs keeping roll level."

17. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Fritz good question. I haven't tried it but my interpretation would be have the the MoVI pointing at North and then roll the handles from pointing down to pointing up rotating them back towards your body while keeping the bars horizontal to the ground. I'll see what I can find out.

Fritz Mueller likes this.
  18. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

That's what we did. Tilt the MōVI upwards, *around* the roll axis while keeping the roll axis level.

Andy

19. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Fritz, Once initiating the compass cal procedure, the terminal window automatically opens to provide instructions on how to complete the process. 'Face North then pitch back 180 degrees keeping roll level' is the first step in the process. Once that is satisfied, the terminal window will populate the next step in the process.. and so on until done. During the entire process all Movi axis' are effectively "locked" so the system stays fairly rigid. I do recommend using a lighter payload during the process as it could be very hard to cal an M15 with full 15lb payload, plus all accessories hanging off the handles when your having to pitch and roll the Movi.

As for what the instructions are asking for, Face North means hold the system as you normally would and face north.. Pitch back +180 degrees means exactly that.. Pitch (or tilt) the entire system from level through vertical so it ends up facing the other direction.

The actual hardware compass that is being calibrated is located in the Movi GCU, the black box on the right side of the down tube on all MoVI units.

20. Sam Fleishman

Sam Fleishman Member

Has anyone been able to log any data on a micros SD card? I haven't been able to get it to work. The card clicks into the sd micro slot fine. does it need to be a new school SD card or one of those old ones we used for MK data logging? I put the card in while the movi is off. I then turn the movi on and connect to the software. Turn on data logging and I've tried all these 5hz 10hz and 25hz. write changes and disconnect app. When I go to the computer there are no files after I reverse said process.