/dist/images/branding/favicon

gyro filter / output filter guideline settings for different camera packages?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by bevan goldswain, Oct 18, 2013.

1. bevan goldswain

In one of the tutorials Tabb mentioned the Freefly will be posting some guideline settings for different camera packages with regard to the gyro filter and output filter.

Have these been posted up anywhere yet?

2. Nico Turini

Nico Turini New Member

I would be interested in some precise documentation about those 2 parameters too!

3. Veve Borimov

Veve Borimov Member

Hi guys, I've seen this somewhere and thought I saved it but can't find it again.
    Would anyone know where they've put it?

Thanks!

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

5. Rolf Ableiter

Rolf Ableiter Active Member

it would be nice to learn what both parameters do...
    i figured out, that my M10 is far more shaky when i increase one of them (especially gyro filter).
    It would be very helpfull to know how they are implemented and how they interact with other parameters (gains).

6. Veve Borimov

Veve Borimov Member

Thanks Andy!!! This is the first chart i've seen yes! But there was another one as well which was sort of a pdf version with freefly style graphics and colours. Ah well, this will do for now!

Thanks mate!

7. Arturo Bernardi

Hi guys
    I'm interesting too in how this parameters work and what they mean! If someone knows something could talk in this post and we can share our experience.
    The thing i noticed is there are different type of vibration in changing this parameters...sometimes if your unit holding well some stifness parameters when it's on the stand but it starts to vibrate when you bring it up, if you low down the parameter you can stop the vibration.
    But the good things would be to understand why and if in someway it affects the stabilization.
    best

8. Via the MoVI user manual (http://freeflysystems.com/software-manuals/)

Gyro Filter – This setting adjusts the strength of the filter applied to the Gimbal’s gyro sensors. If the Gimbal is experiencing oscillations that cannot be corrected by adjusting Stiffness settings, you can use the Gyro Filter to further tune the Gimbal and remove oscillations. As a general rule, if the oscillations are fast and rough in nature (buzzing), try increasing the Gyro Filter. If the oscillations are slow and smooth in nature (rocking), try decreasing the Gyro Filter.

Output Filter – This setting adjusts the strength of the filter applied to the Gimbal’s motor outputs. If the Gimbal is experiencing oscillations that cannot be corrected by adjusting stiffness settings, you can use the Output Filter to further tune the Gimbal and remove oscillations. As a general rule, if the oscillations are fast and rough in nature (buzzing), try increasing the Output Filter. If the oscillations are slow and smooth in nature (rocking), try decreasing the Output Filter

Steve Maller likes this.
  9. Arturo Bernardi

As a general rule seems that the two filter works the same way...but, i would like to understand in deep this kind of stuff, and i hope also other users.
    It seems that the output filter is kind of multiplier for the stiffness? isn't it? Ideally if i can raise it as much as it can, the motor could further contrast extreme strength (ex.: heavy shake or off-road car run) BUT obviously without that extreme force in action it applies to much power to the motors and the unit starts shaking...
    Instead the gyro filter is something that come before... i move the unit, the gyroscope "feel" and analyzes my movement and send the result to the motors...now the question is: this filter is proportional or inverse proportional the sensibility of the gyro? better explain if i raise the filter the gyro are more or less sensible to the movement, and viceversa ? That could be useful to fine tune the gyro filter for example if we need very precise stabilization or lower it if we don't need a precise stabilization but we want to quick balance the unit without time wasting on fine stab and we don't want to occur in unwanted vibration...
    Thats are just quick ideas...just to introduce the discussion, hope that it will grow out useful for the community!
    excuse in advance for my poor english...
    cheers
    Arturo