/dist/images/branding/favicon

Setting Up the M5 without a Tuning App

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Trey Vollmer, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Trey Vollmer

Trey Vollmer New Member

Hello,

This is my first post in this forum. I just received my M5 in the mail and after lurking around this site it looks like there is no iOS app available for tuning. That's too bad because I have an iPhone. Anyhow, I was wondering if there was a way to tune and fly the M5 without a tuning app? I am able to successfully balance my M5 mechanically, but when I turn it on it starts acting strangely. I wouldn't know as I'm brand new to the system, but it looks like it's trying to fine tune itself. The M5 starts to slowly tilt up and up for a good thirty seconds, then it starts rolling, but after waiting for what seems to be too long, I end up turning it off. Does that sound right?

Thank you!

Trey

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

You need to access the Freefly "GUI" (graphical user interface) to set up the parameters. You can do so with a Mac, PC, or Android device. Just needs to connect over Bluetooth. Otherwise it (probably) won't work.

Trey Vollmer likes this.
  3. David Cooper

David Cooper Member

Do you have a Mac laptop. That will work. You have to tune the Movi in the app. It will perform very poorly without at least starting with auto tune

Trey Vollmer likes this.
  4. Trey Vollmer

Trey Vollmer New Member

Do I need to do this every time I power up? Also, where do I find the GUI?

5. David Cooper

David Cooper Member

It's very helpful to watch the video tutorial on their site or on Vimeo. Once you tune you need to SAVE the settings or you will lose changes after you power down.

Trey Vollmer likes this.
  6. Trey Vollmer

Trey Vollmer New Member

Thank you David. I have found several useful tutorials and instructions and I will just have to keep learning:)

Trey

7. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Software’s all on the Freefly site.
    And once you have everything set up properly, you will only need to reconfigure if you change something about your set up, like changing cameras and lenses. If you don't change anything, you can just power up and run it.

Trey Vollmer likes this.
  8. Trey Vollmer

Trey Vollmer New Member

Thank you Steve.

9. Trey Vollmer

Trey Vollmer New Member

Hey Steve,

Maybe you can help me this one too. When I turn my Movi on it starts panning up continuously for about 30 seconds or so and then it starts rolling continuously. It just doesn't sound or look very comforting so I turn it off. Does that sounds normal? I'm trying to connect to the GUI, but I'm scared to leave the Movi on while it's acting like that.

Trey