/dist/images/branding/favicon

Compass ERROR in MOVI M5

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Daniel Doren Huerta, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Daniel Doren Huerta

I am from Chile, I Just received my M5...I did the system upgrade recommended, and now I have problems with Compass ERROR. how can I fix this?

2. Daniel,
    What 'System upgrade' are you talking about? The M5 already comes with the latest firmware. No need for any updates.

Best regards,
    Chris Harrison

Freefly/MoVI Technical Support

3. Daniel Doren Huerta

Hello Chris
    on the web www.freeflysystems.com in the bottom left appears a button says Firmwere Update Firmwere Version 3.07. I download the file, and this brought me the whole problem.
    what should I do to to correct the problem?
    thanks for your help

4. Please file a support ticket at support@freeflysystems.com. Please provide as much detail as possible in your initial email.

Best regards,
    Chris

5. Ryan McMaster

Ryan McMaster Active Member

Been having the same issue with my M5 since I got it back for repairs. No apparent effect on performance.

6. Daniel Doren Huerta

I'm trying to fix this issue with Chris. he also says there is no apparent effect on performance. But that does not leave me happy, I'm no expert on this equipment and eventually something will go wrong if you do not pay attention to the signals. I said to hem, It's like having a red warning light in your car, and not pay attention to it because the car keeps running. if Compass Error it is not important, why add a warning? don't you think...I hope this is repaired... if I return it for repair and wasting all that valuable time to receive as it happened to you I would not be very happy.
    I appreciate your support on this problem.

7. Ryan McMaster

Ryan McMaster Active Member

It seems to be stable when facing north, but thats it. the thing is it flashes good/bad non stop while in use. Just hope this isn't a major issue and I have to send it in… again.

8. Daniel Doren Huerta

if I achieved something positive I will let you know what to do...

9. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Not sure on the MoVI but one thing that will throw compass errors on flight controllers is in a high iron environment. Example interior of a steel skyscraper or outdoors in a an area with lots of iron scrap in the ground. Shouldn't be a problem with the MoVI.

10. Daniel Doren Huerta

thanks Gary for the info, ASAP stops raining I'll go out to see what type of result I have...

11. Juan Diego Zacarias

Juan Diego Zacarias New Member

Did you get to solve your compass error problem? Having the same issue here

12. Daniel Doren Huerta

I am sorry to say that there is no apparent effect on performance with this error, apparently no sense on report an error, the only thing it does is concern to the owner. the error appears and disappears unexplained

13. Ben Ruffell

Ben Ruffell Active Member

We get the same error.

14. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

15. Ryan Salyer

Ryan Salyer New Member

We've also had troubles with that. Sometimes changing the battery helps or just shutting it off and turning it back on. Let me know if you find something more useful than the usual IT response!