/dist/images/branding/favicon

Balancing pan axis on multi rotor - movi m10

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Rony Varghese, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Rony Varghese

Rony Varghese New Member

Hi,

I have a movi m10 conneted to a cinestar 6 using movi multi rotor upgrade kit.
    I have no problems in balancing tilt and roll axis. however, i am still guessing (trial and error) for pan axis.
    I contacted support team and they pointed me to this video ;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPQfkDvVP70
    but still now i do not get this completely, if the movi rotates to the right; should i rotate the movi in direction of rotation or otherwise. (While hanging the movi; i turn the movi to the right- it moves more to the right)
    -Is the movi supposed to hold positon?
    -or should i rotate the movi about the 4 screws on top (pan axis screws)
    how to know if i have to move forward or aft

with handle it was easy but can anyone please explain how to do it .. currently i turn the movi and connect the configurator if i am at or less than 3%; i go ahead and fly.

please help.
    regards,

rony

2. Augusto Alves da Silva

Augusto Alves da Silva Active Member

I balance the movi as if I was using it handheld. Then and because I have the toad-in-a-hole just swap from handheld to MR. If you want to use that method just make sure you will move the camera forward or backwards depending on how heavy is the front and back and when it rotate in every direction and it "stays" the 3rd axis is balanced.

3. Rony Varghese

Rony Varghese New Member

hi augusto, thank you for the answer and just to clarify;

you to mean to say -
    1- first remove the cinestar and then use handle bar to balance the pan axis
    2- once balanced remove the handle bar and connect the cinestar
    3- finally adjust the tilt and roll based on the camera

that is going to extremely hard to do in the field because i have to change lenses between flights and this would take a long time. is there any other way; please help.

ron

4. Augusto Alves da Silva

Augusto Alves da Silva Active Member

I balance tilt and roll first. Then last thing Pan. Balance it handheld and then mount it on the MR if you have the toad in a hole. When you change lenses you´ll have to repeat the process although it is not so bad as you balanced properly in the first place. It should just need slight adjustments. I got very proficient in balancing the Movi in fact any gimbal :) Once you get the practice it will be under 5 mns to do it.

P.S.- The toad in a hole let´s you change from handheld to MR in seconds.

5. Rony Varghese

Rony Varghese New Member

Hi,

I do not have toad in a hole and it takes some time to attach and detach the handles. I am wondering if i hang the cinestar on two of the arms and treat them as handles; hopes this works, any other suggestions would be great.

thanks a lot augusto.

regards,

rony