/dist/images/branding/favicon

Video Feed Canon 5D Mark III / DP4 / Immersion RC 5.8Ghz

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Martin Sochor, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Martin Sochor

Martin Sochor New Member

Hi,

I have problems with my video feed on my movi m10.

I tried:

Mk3 with HDMI to Small HD HDMI in than with composite trough out from the DP4 to the Immersion RC, 5.8 Ghz, 25mW, A/V tx. But that is not working because you can't use composite out when you have hdmi in.

Can you help me with the setup?

On Movi M10:

Canon 5D Mark III
    Small HD DP4
    Immersion RC, 5.8 Ghz, 25mW, A/V tx

2nd Operator:

Small HD AC7
    Immersion RC Uno 5800 v2
    Spektrum DX8

Br,
    Martin

2. Justin Marx

Justin Marx Active Member

Hi Martin,

You need to use the AV port / cable that is above the HDMI port on the 5D for SD.

Hope that works for ya.

image.jpg

3. Martin Sochor

Martin Sochor New Member

I also tried this but didn't get a picture on the Small HD DP4.

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Run the yellow RCA plug into the green RCA input on the DP4 (if it’s the same as my DP6), and set the SmallHD input in the menus to “Composite”.

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Martin let me confirm what you want to do. On the M10 Rig you want HDMI (1080p) from the Canon to the DP4 so that you have a hi res image. Out from the DP4 you want a signal to go to the Immersion TX. The Imersion is a composite signal input.

I see that the DP4 has a Composite pass-thru but don't think that is going to give you a signal. I don't have the DP4 but doubt that it is doing an HDMI to Composite conversion in the DP4.

If you want to run HDMI from the Canon to the DP4 then you need pull HDMI out of the DP4 HDMI output pass-thru into an HDMI to Composite converter and then into the Immersion. Multirotor operators do this all the time with cameras that only have an HDMI output. You can get something like this, they are inexpensive, and while it does have a USB port for 5v power many setups will self power the box so that you don't need the additional power. http://www.amazon.com/Etekcity®-Com...6565&sr=8-1&keywords=hdmi+composite+converter

If you don't need the resolution then Canon composite out -> DP4 composite in -> DP4 composite out -> Immersion Video In would also work.

6. Martin Sochor

Martin Sochor New Member

7. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Martin the rcshutter is PAL only. I don't know how well it works. For the converter simply try it and see if you get a usable signal. These are pretty generic. I've had some that work without additional power, some that needed power. All on the same camera.

8. Rony Varghese

Rony Varghese New Member

Hi, I am kind of new to fpv flying; i had previously a go-pro hero3 connected to immersionrc 5.8 and video link was working; through an AV out. However when i connected it to new cannon 6D it does not work; can you guide me on this; maybe i need to get a different AV cable for DSLR ? or does immersionrc not work for DSLR cams ?
    please help

thanks in advance
    rony