/dist/images/branding/favicon

use the tophandle start to oscillating ??

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Adi Geisegger, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Adi Geisegger

Adi Geisegger New Member

Hi,

I have recently purchased a movi m10 . Now we are in the process of making a documentary movie . now I 've found out one screw at the top handle is broken all the other are ok. as the moment when I try to hold the top handle the gimbal start to oscillating :( what do you think is this the problem??? is the system so sensitive ??

cheers Adi

2. Brett Harrison

Brett Harrison Active Member

Holding just the top handle provides less dampening from resonance in the structure caused by feedback in the motors. The system really is that sensitive. Any loose item on the rig - either from the rig itself or some accessory attachment - will amplify these resonances, and a human body will absorb and suppress them - two hands are better than one and the lateral placement (away and to the side) controls the system to a greater degree (more leverage).

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Adi a photo of which screw would help us diagnose for you. Lots of screws on the M10 :)

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Adi:
    Try doing an autotune while holding the M10 just by the top handle -- that should get you pretty much in the right area of settings, but you may need to fine tune it further -- and don't be surprised if the settings you get are such that it will oscillate when you put the M10 onto the stand. That's the point that Brett makes so eloquently.

Andy.

5. Adi Geisegger

Adi Geisegger New Member

IMG_3598.JPG Hi Gary and Andy,

thanks for your help!! I will try what you mean and give you the info ;-) here is the picture from the screw what we lost. what do you think ??

6. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

You should be able to find that from an industrial supply house. All of the screws are M3 types. Those particular ones should be 35mm. If you are missing the pressnut on the other side those to can be found at a supply house.

7. Brett Harrison

Brett Harrison Active Member

Adi, in my estimation, missing that screw would only marginally reduce the stiffness settings/onset of occilation. So I would wager that you have a balance issue (but check that all fasteners are tight).

Something you can do is look at which motor is working the hardest in the 'motor' page. Then go through Tabb's balancing tutorials carefully for that axis and you should arrive at a better tuning.

Also, contact tech support, they will search out the answer.

8. Adi Geisegger

Adi Geisegger New Member

Thanks to all everything is fine !! The problem was really the lose bolt on the tophandle!!

cheers Adi