/dist/images/branding/favicon

Redrock Micro Wireless Bundle

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Cody Cochran, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

Thanks AJ. I confirmed the RR motor mount of yours is too big and won't grip on the Freefly rail. Freefly said they contacted you and you had told them I should have no issues. I sent over a video showing that indeed the RR motor mount spins with the reducer/adaptor on the Freefly's carbon rail. I don't know if I got a bad machined unit, but I suspect not since I am sure you all use CNC. What can you all do to fix this? I just dropped a lot of money over the years with you all.

2. AJ Lodge

AJ Lodge New Member

Hey Adam,

We'll take care of it, see my PM.

AJ

3. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

Thanks AJ but I don't seem to have a PM from you?

4. AJ Lodge

AJ Lodge New Member

Just sent it.

5. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

Amazing customer service Redrock Micro! Thank you AJ and Redrock Micro for the help and solution. In results of this, I made an additional purchase for some more gear from Redrock Micro today. I am more impressed with post sales support rather than pre-sales support and you guys did a good job. THANK YOU!

6. Zach Rockenstyre

Zach Rockenstyre New Member

I've been working with Hello World Communications in New York for about three years and we were, to my knowledge, the first rental house in the city to carry the Movi. We've got a good arsenal of gimbals, mostly Movis. As a result we were also early adopters of Redrock's Microremote. We had a lot of problems with the Microremote early on, but Redrock has made great strides to make this a reliable product. I personally had a bad experience with the Microremote on my first shoot, but I now use it with confidence. Redrock bent over backwards to help us (and our clientele) and ever since we sent our units in for service, we haven't had a single problem. I think it may have been released a bit too early and unfortunately customers ended up beta testing it, but now it's a pretty sweet product at an amazing price point. Between the thumbwheel, size, and compatibility with the Freefly controller, it makes a strong case for best gimbal FF at the very least.

7. AJ Lodge

AJ Lodge New Member

Thanks Adam! Glad we could find a solution. Send over some footage when you start shooting with everything!

We super appreciate the kind words Zach! I'm stoked you are confident in our products and we appreciate the support.

When you have a chance check out our new flexCables, I think Hello World would especially dig them.

Happy shooting guys!

8. Cody Cochran

Cody Cochran New Member

IMG_0565.JPG

Here is how I set mine up. Redrock initially recommended me (over the phone) to purchase the $500 Black Series c100 cage..after ordering I figured out that my rod mount adapter would work just fine and it 10x lighter, I ended up returning my cage. Pretty frustrating, and I would be even more pissed if it was my own money.

Attached is how I have my follow focus set up on my M15:

After receiving my new wireless bundle, I did not have a single issue getting the controller and the base station/motor to work wirelessly. Overall I am impressed, just can't seem to find out why it is so hard to get this right. Telling me to purchase something that is completely unnecessary!