/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi PAN'S Uncontrollably Left on MR

Discussion in 'MōVI MR' started by Garrett Hurley, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Garrett Hurley

Hopefully this is an easy fix because it seems all too simply. I just switched over my M5 to mount with my CS8 heavy lift and we are having a serious issue with pan. So when the copter is up in the air my camera operator must fight with the control because if he lets go of the pan stick the movi pans to the left uncontrollably. So to get a "steady" shot he must move the stick all the way to the right in order to find the sweet spot where he is canceling out the pan movement. There are other little vibrations and shakes that we will need to deal with in tuning, but this is a big one.

I uploaded a low res vimeo file to demonstrate. (password = pan)

Any help would be appreciated.

Garrett

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Have you switched the GUI from handheld to airborne mode? You don't mention what you are using for a controller. If it it has trim buttons is the pan trim centered? Are you using the Toad in the Hole? Perhaps the gimbal 'hole' is not aligned pointing forward?

You can suspend the copter on the ground (couple of folks holding it or hung with a rope) to see if the alignment is wrong.

3. Garrett Hurley

Thank you Gary. To answer the questions I believe the short answers would be no.

I didn't realize there was a airborne mode. I am using the DX7 as supplied and set up from Quadrocopter. I am using the Toad in the Hole and had no clue there was a "forward" position for the Hole.

Is there a tutorial video on all this because I looked around and had not found anything for the MR setup. If there was a step by step that would be very useful

I just switched the mode to airborne so I guess my biggest question is on the hole.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

5. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Garrett if you have the handles it's easy to find and mark the front. Put the handles on, doesn't really matter what orientation. Turn on the MoVI and when it boots and centers you can mark the front of the 'Hole'. Some folks simply look it it and remember the orientation of the locking lever. I don't want to use the brain power :) and used a silver marker to put a mark on the front. Then it's easy to drop on handles or the copter with boom 1 pointing forward.

Not sure but maybe QC has a video on some of the setup up. Also in the manual read the section on using the airborne mode and the three position switch. There are posts here on the forum how folks are using the mode switch. Left to it's own devices the copter deck will spin around if it is not powered up for flight.

6. Garrett Hurley

Thank you Gary and Andy.

Andy in relation to post 16 Mr Maller addresses later a "locked" function to allow for 2 person operation to avoid the copter from spinning at takeoff. Do you know how to engage the lock function. We just put the 3 position switch to kill and at liftoff we turned the gimbal on to dual operator. That seems to work fine, but if there is a better way I am all about that

7. Garrett Hurley

Just sent Gary a message, but the spin is coming from the aileron being 3 clicks off. I can see the aileron function in the DX7, but I can't change it to bring it to center. Any help from anyone would be great.

8. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Sent Garrett an answer.

9. Garrett Hurley

Gary was spot on. Fixed it.

Thanks !

10. Artur Brosig

Artur Brosig New Member

Garrett, can you tell me what was the sollution?
    I think i have the same problem.
    Thanks.