/dist/images/branding/favicon

No Control with the Controller

Discussion in 'MōVI Controller' started by Rich Savage, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Rich Savage

Rich Savage New Member

Hi peeps,

I bought the new controller for our M10. Everybody hated the old one. I've followed the installation instructions from the manual, but I've got nothing. The reciever seems to know it's there but neither items are talking to each other. How can I make this work?

Cheers!

2. Eric De Fino

Eric De Fino Member

Did you set the MoVI to 'MoVI Controller' using the Configurator app?

3. Rich Savage

Rich Savage New Member

Yes. That was the first thing I did.

4. Eric De Fino

Eric De Fino Member

Confirm that both the receiver and the controller are on the same channel, and select 'Pair' in the controller. I think it's under TX Config (not in front of Controller right now)

Hope this helps.

5. Rich Savage

Rich Savage New Member

Can't find Pair, but can find bind in radio config. Nada. Tried various channels, various power, Firmware Update, binding at both ends. It's driving me mad. Anyone from freefly out there?

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

7. Richard MacDonald

Had the same issue today but didn't see the Fix. This is from FFS and it worked for me.

You can be bound to the receiver, and see the MōVI telemetry and change settings (like running autotune) without being able to control the gimbal. Usually this is because the MōVI, in your case your new M15, doesn't have the Radio Type set to MōVI Controller. This will have to be adjusted from a computer or android device, Configuration::Remote Controller Config::Radio Type::MōVI Controller.

8. Sean Jensen

Sean Jensen New Member

So, I've done what Richard suggested and... "MOVI Controller" doesnt even show up on the iPhone app. All the other options do. What's that all about?

I downloaded the app to my computer and the "MOVI Controller" option was on that. Weird. I got it working but when I shut the app down and disconnect from Bluetooth the controller stops working. Does the MOVI not work when not connected to a computer/device or am I missing something?

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Sean: The MōVI does NOT need to be connected to a computer/tablet or anything else for it to work correctly. After you disconnect the app from the controller, if you power cycle the M15, what do you see happening on the three LEDs?

Andy.

10. Sean Jensen

Sean Jensen New Member

Hi Andy. I think I figured it out. I didn't save the changes in the app before I shut it down. It looks like it is working perfectly now. Thanks.

I've been a Steadicam operator in film and TV for over 20 years and there haven't been many 'toys' that have wowed me in that time. The MOVI definitely does.

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Glad you figured it out, Sean.
    Remember to walk like Groucho Marx -- the MōVI can remove rotation around each of the three axes, but it cannot remove motion along the axes -- e.g. vertical up and down motion.

Andy.