/dist/images/branding/favicon

Advice on getting the most out of what i have got.

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by daniel clarke, Dec 6, 2014.

1. daniel clarke

daniel clarke Member

Hi all

I am looking for some advice from the smart folks on the forum as to how to make the most of my setup at the moment, i want to upgrade to a all kde power system but for money reasons its not possible at the moment.
    here are some details of what i am running at the moment.
    cinestar 8 in coaxial
    castle ice 50 amp escs
    qc 3328 motors
    14 4.7 apc props
    wkm
    dual 5 cell 5000mah
    2 axis radian gimbal [i have a 2 axis brushless but i think its too heavy]
    camera: gh3
    i get about 8 mins flight time but the motors are extremely hot when i land, this worries me. is there a better prop battery combination i could use to make the motors run cooler, i was running 13 inch xoars but can't remember if the motor were running cooler. i think with this setup i should be able to lift a gh3 and brushless gimbal comfortably?
    any advice would be much appreciated
    many thanks
    Danny.

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Those motors do run hot. You might want to invest in some Xoar props or CF props. You also may want to look at your bearings and see if maybe they could stand replacing. I'm not sure it also isn't the 5s power, too.

3. daniel clarke

daniel clarke Member

some one recommend 5s to me ages ago, i should of started out with 6s, i will be updating batteries to 6s and getting rid of the apc props they just don't cut it. as for the bearing i think they are fine because the motors have very low time on them. i read in a post of yours that you were getting cheaper carbon props from somewhere, but i can't remember where that was?
    thanks for the advice steve.

4. Steve Maller

The props I use when testing new copter configurations are Foxtech Supreme Lights. They're 1/4 the price of T-motors. But the T-motors are quite a bit better. They just cost a fortune.

5. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

HI Danny

What payload do you have? Do you know your all up weight? When I ran the QC3328 motors I noticed a pretty decent decrease in motor temps when I changed from the 14 APC pros to XOAR props.

6. daniel clarke

daniel clarke Member

Hi Dave
    At the moment i have been using 2 axis radian gimbal with a gh3 and the auw is 6.15kg 13.6lb i am just not confident with the motors to add the third axis or even to fly my brushless gimbal which i think weighs about the same as a m5. after a flight you can kinda smell the heat of the motors in the air if you know what i mean.
    thanks

7. Steve Maller

I flew exactly that camera and gimbal combination with the standard QC RTF system (all MK electronics) for quite some time, and it should definitely work.

8. daniel clarke

daniel clarke Member

It's flys well but it just seems like the motors are working too hard, motors are very hot when I land.