/dist/images/branding/favicon

Herkules III problems

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Miron Bogacki, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Miron Bogacki

Miron Bogacki Member

Cam Batten: My herklules was also working for a while but next problems back...

Dave King i will disable ah controll in koptertool and try again....

2. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

No not AH, just PH. I would like to see the copters response with AH on so I can just see Long and Lat movements.

3. Miron Bogacki

Miron Bogacki Member

Dave : I was flying only without PH in manual mode no AH. Would you like to see AH on ?

4. Miron Bogacki

Miron Bogacki Member

Cam Batten how long cables to motors do you have ?

5. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Can you disable PH, and fly the copter in AH? I woud like to see the copter fly in AH to see the LATITUTE and LONGITUTE movements with you just hovering as best you can.

6. Cam Batten

Cam Batten Member

Miron, sorry for the slow reply. I finally got to make some changes to my aircraft today and I think I have solved the problem. I changed 4 things, unfortunately I was impatient and did them all at once, however you could go step by step to narrow down the solution.

Change 1: Reflashed Herk III to 1.05 firmware
    Change 2: Changed timing to ADV24 instead of ADV18
    Change 3: I had previously used a ribbon cable with only the ground and I2C cables, cut the rest out as they are unused. I put in a new, complete ribbon cable just for kicks.
    Change 4: Went from Foxtech props back to T-Motor (both 16 x 5.4)

Maidened the changes and on fully stock MK settings, she flew buttery smooth. Huge difference to the last flight which the motors sounded really twitchy like they were fighting each other.

I hope this helps, let me know if any of the above changes things for you. I will likely flash the herkIII back to latest firmware and see if that brings back the problem, but maybe not until January.

Cheers,

Cam

Dave King likes this.
  7. Miron Bogacki

Miron Bogacki Member

Hi after two weeks of holidays I could test my copter again. Andreas find that screws which connect both plates of herkules are replaced by me to plastic ones.... and I replaced them with stronger metal ones and I used also stronger self locking nuts. Today is very windy and I can't test copter for longer time but I think that was the cause of strange behavior of my copter. Today it was flying ok. I will make same more test. Thanks everybody for help !!

8. Miron Bogacki

Miron Bogacki Member

I just want to notice that herkules is waiting for repair in the service.

9. Miron Bogacki

Miron Bogacki Member

Hi I get Herkules after repair. Andreas wrote that same parts were mechanically broken but they fix everything. In my opinion that mechanical damage could happen during crush. I get information that herkules after repair is 100% working.

I test that herkules and I found that the problems still occurs. The same problems which I had over two years ago on totally different setup of the copter. The herkules interference with graupner receivers. Yesterday I used it with graupner gr-16. It causes strange fast movements of the copter because it brakes the radio signal from the gr-16 to graupner mx20. In one situation it even turn on alt-hold in my copter !!!! I tested herkules with different receivers gr-16 gr-24 gr-32 and two different graupners mx-20. This interference occurs from time to time. Over 1 year ago I used anti-interference magnet ring on cable from gr-16 to FC and I fought that it will repair that. I had 20 good flights and next the crush because the copter during takeoff started to have random moves in different directions. So this magnet ring helped only for same time. I bought MK BL 3 and exchange the herkules and my problems gone I have over 100 flights without problems.
    I started to use herkules III again few months ago because I wasn't sure why the crush happened. Now I have more experience.

Now it's nearly two years from time when I bought the herkules. I thought that it will be reliable solution for my copter. It was so expensive. I spend so many days for testing it. I had two different boards and they booth have this interference problem. All parts in the copter has been exchanged so the problem could be only herkules. For me something is wrong with this boards. Andreas and Globe Flight were trying to help me but finally I didn't get adequate support.

I just want to warn you that in my opinion herkules III can interference with graupner receivers and that's very dangerous !