/dist/images/branding/favicon

Crashed, fixed (thought so), test flight ... then wierd behavior! HELP!

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Sebastian Meredith, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Sebastian Meredith

Sebastian Meredith Active Member

Hi Adam,
    In MK Tools it still shows as Easy. And 3 beeps at startup.
    I used Howard Dapp's suggestion disabling all the PH & AH & GPS settings in MK Tools and unplugging the entire GPS and Navi stack and it was still all over the place after take off. My brain hurts trying to get this sorted. last resort is to get a replacement FC. Perhaps the gyro has failed?!?

Cheers

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I think the evidence is pointing to the FC being bad, Sebastian.
    The high G forces of an impact can apparently cause problems.

May I bring a new FC board over to you?
    The FC will be at no charge, but the airfare and hotel costs will be around $4,000. :rolleyes:

Andy.

Sebastian Meredith likes this.
  3. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Totally puzzling problem. How is the humidity level out there?

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Oooh....now that's a good point Ozkan. Did you spray the PDB and BL-Ctrl's with conformal acrylic spray, Sebastian?

Andy

5. Sebastian Meredith

Hi guys. Humidity is not bad. But I think the issue is the villas are always air conditioned so when you go out side into the water area camera lenses mist up. So we try counter that by leaving everything in the outside room. I had to build up and trouble shoot in the air conditioned area. Unfortunately I did not spray the board, and even if I did the spares I had to use would not have had it on.

I suspect that with the first incident the BLs that popped got some moisture on them from the palm frond as it had been raining for a few days before we flew.

But I agree I think the FC is poked.

@adam paugh with reference to the number of beeps at startup. There are 4 now even though I'm MK Tools it says Parameter3 :easy. I tried resetting with the sticks - throttle up yaw left and nick up. Beeps 3 times and then I switch off and restart and it gives 4 beeps again.

Anyway, we're needing to leave tomorrow after a week of no flying. We managed to jimmy a Heath Robinson jib utilizing the gimbal and a crap load of cable ties. We got some great shots on the end. We also got a helicopter from one of the neighboring islands that came to collect a guest to take us up for a few minutes. Not the ideal shots we wanted but not a complete waste of time.

Attached Files:

6. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

That is the most ghetto rig I've ever seen.

[edit] Never heard of Heath Robinson before. I guess he's Rube Goldberg's South African cousin? :)

Sam Baird likes this.
  7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

The four beeps are indicating the LiPo voltage as you're running with 4S.

Andy.

8. Sebastian Meredith

"William Heath Robinson was an English cartoonist and illustrator best known for drawings of ridiculously complicated machines for achieving simple objectives. http://www.heathrobinson.org "

The gimbal Frankenstein works like a charm! We got some crazy shots.
    We'll order an new FC and I'll report the findings once in place, whether that's the issue or not.