/dist/images/branding/favicon

$15k Movi and no iOS - scratching my head....

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Bryan Harvey, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Veve Borimov

Veve Borimov Member

it's been about a year since they release the MoVI, and still no iOS app!! This is a little ridiculous now.

MFI? How come the Ronin has an iOS app already? Come on guys, you're taking part in this "$15K Movi and no iOS?" thread but are ignoring all the questions relating to it...

2. Shaun Gish

Shaun Gish New Member

Problem Solved for $160... and much cheaper to replace if you drop it on set.

Options are always nice... but it's also kind of nice to have a dedicated device for tuning/adjusting instead of relying on a device that you may be using to communicate with someone else. (I've actually had to be on my iPhone with a rental house while adjusting some settings on one of my Movi's)

3. Holger Göhr

Holger Göhr New Member

Well ,while I wouldn't mind to get an iOS app as well, I don't think it's super bad either.
    As mentioned above I too have an iPad and a dedicated nexus 7 for copter/ gimbal work.
    It's small and light, costs A$200, and freefly isn't the only one not having an iOS app.
    The nexus does the Movi, Mikrokopter,dji,Graupner,base cam (Alex moss) and some more...
    Really after spending 15k on a gimbal the $200 for a nexus 7 don't make the world go down, and enables you to control a lot of other things too..
    And if something doesn't work as it should, you can read it up on the iPad while staying connected with the nexus..
    Not a big problem for me...

Wolf Schiebel likes this.
  4. Veve Borimov

Veve Borimov Member

The question is not about having to pay the small extra $200 on top of it. The problem is that iOS is a STANDARD in the industry. As in the majority of people have iPhones and iPads.
    It would have been the same problem the other way around, available on iOS but not on Android. Most apps are available on both platforms and when you purchase a $15K piece of equipment, there should be an effort made to bring the app on the biggest mobile platform out there. And not force part of your customers to invest an extra $200 to use a critical feature of the MoVI.

We all have budgets. Maybe that extra 200$ is in budget for a wireless transmitter?
    While holding the Movi, it's nice to know you can pull your iPhone out and quickly tweak the settings. Not having to grab a 7" tablet where you need BOTH your hands to operate.

I've got a Nexus, we all do, it's fine. But it's the fact that the option is NOT there on a high-priced item like the MoVI. It should be.

5. Richard peterson

Richard peterson New Member

Hi Freefly. Could you please give us an update ? Is development for an iOS app for the movi till going to happen?

6. Pete Stevens

Pete Stevens New Member

I would like to know too... At this point the fact that there is no IOS app for the Movi is ridiculous.

7. Grant Appleotn

Grant Appleotn New Member

In my mind it would be good customer service to let the people who are asking about this IOS app, know when its going to be available any time frame would be much appreciated. Ive had my M10 for more than a year now, various other movi systems have been produced by FF it would seem that an IOS app would be the next logical step for a complete system experience since so many industry folk use Apple devices. The blame can only be placed on Apple for so long, the time has come for answers... where does Freefly stand on the development for the IOS devices?

Senthil Nathan likes this.
  8. Senthil Nathan

Freefly is deaf to this issue i presume.

9. nick midwig

nick midwig New Member

10. Senthil Nathan

Guys the ios movi app is now available in the app store. But I haven't tested it out yet. Has anyone tested it? Saw in FB that it may need a WiFi adapter to work???

11. Trevor Rogers

Trevor Rogers Member

Yeah I bought mine right away! Cant wait!!!!!! Kinda a Pain that it won't work from bluetooth however at least our range with the Wifi adapter will be further..

P.S
    I about crapped my pants once I saw there is an app out now!

12. Jesse McG

Jesse McG New Member