/dist/images/branding/favicon

HELP!! The update failed and movi stopped working

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Roman Gornih, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Roman Gornih

Roman Gornih New Member

I tried to upgrade to a firmware 3.08 the update failed and since then..the movi isn't working!

Now when im turning it on, the three green lights turned on for two seconds and then automatically stop working. The MOVI doesn't react and i cannot connect to Bluetooth software.
    What should i do??
    I read some posts here that people have the same problem but with no solution
    Is there a way to connect the movi to a computer with a cable?
    iv tried with several different batteries and its not helping
    please help me :(

2. Eric De Fino

Eric De Fino Member

Same thing happened to me. There's a way to reset the MoVI but it's not supported by Freefly. I'll find the instructions and post them.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

4. Eric De Fino

Eric De Fino Member

What Andy said ^^

5. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Make sure you are running the latest version OS on the android or whatever tablet you are using. Also the latest FF app version. After you do the latest software version on your tablet, try and do the update again either via the tablet or pc or mac. Saw that some people just tried the firmware update a second time and it worked. Worth a shot.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Along those same lines, make sure that the tablet/PC you're using is (a) close to the MōVI, and (b) not running any other applications. You want to try and make sure that the Bluetooth connection is as good as it can be and not subjected to any interruptions by "helpful" software insisting that you really should be getting the latest version installed now even though, thank you very much, you're actually trying to use your computer for something useful. (Sorry...been in the software/computer business too long...does it show?)

Andy.

7. Graham Tolhurst

Graham Tolhurst New Member

Hi Andy, could you please post instructions on how to build a jumper cable. I really don't want to be in a situation where I need one at very short notice and would rather be prepared for all eventualities.

8. Eric De Fino

Eric De Fino Member

A woman's hair pin works great (see photo)

Attached Files:

Austin Glass likes this.
  9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Graham:

See the URL in Message #3 above -- these are the instructions as I got them from FF -- the point is that the FF jumper cable shorts together pins 1 and 5. Hence the "hairpin" approach. If you short pins 1 and 5 and power the MōVI on, it goes into boot loader mode unconditionally.

Let me know if, for some reason the URL in Message #3 no longer works.
    Andy.

10. Graham Tolhurst

Graham Tolhurst New Member

Hi Andy, I had already downloaded and viewed the PDF that you mention, but it doesn't explain how to actually make the jumper cable, only how to use one that is (I believe) now included with new Movi's. Your explanation above regarding pins 1 and 5 is the missing piece of the jigsaw puzzle. I'll make a cable up and keep it with our Movi just in case. Thanks for the info.