/dist/images/branding/favicon

Herkules III problems

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Miron Bogacki, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Miron Bogacki

Miron Bogacki Member

Hi
    I have herkules III and I can not find a way to make it work with my MK copters.
    I have heavylift octocopter with KW10v2 motors and 16"propellers which I tested with herkules III it was working for a while with FC 2.5 and NC 2.0 and GPS but most time copter has during flight strange rapid moves in different directions and finally I had a little crash with this configuration. I tested two different herkules boards with newest firmware and problems were the same on both. I changed the herkules III to MK BL 3.0 and copter is flying without problems for 10 months. Herkules was in the box for several months but now I would like to use it in my different octocopter. For now it has mk 3638 motors FC2.2 firmware 2.06 NC and GPS, 13" propellers. This configuration was flying without any problems with MK BL 2.0. I changed the powerboard to herkules III and problems started again. Copter is not steady it's flying but it has rapid moves in different directions. I am using Graupner mx20 and different receivers gr16, gr 24... I am totally lost I think I changed every part of the copter and still have problems. Do you have any idea what can I do more where should I look to solve the problem. Please look at my flight logs for my two last shaky flights in first there are motors restarts but I think they appeared after the landing...
    http://fotostacja.pl/logs/14111400.GPX
    http://fotostacja.pl/logs/14111401.GPX

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Miron have you checked with Andrea at Hercules or perhaps the folks at Kopterworx?

3. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Miron,

How do you connect the two sides of Hercules III board to each other? Can you post some pictures? I have been flying Herkules III with MK 2.5 for a few months now and it's very stable and reliable.

4. Miron Bogacki

Miron Bogacki Member

Hi thanks for answers....

Gary: I had long exchange of e-mail with Andreas...and I thought that anti interference magnet ring on cable from FC to GR16 receiver helped but it didn't :(

Ozkan: Both sides of herkules are connected with cable with red connectors (standard) like in manual I will post same pictures soon....

5. Miron Bogacki

Miron Bogacki Member

6. Miron Bogacki

Miron Bogacki Member

Hi Today I had opportunity to record my fault copter:

As you can see and hear something is wrong from time to time it has rapid moves in different directions...

7. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Miron,

Did you email Andreas about this? He is the creator of herkules.

Herkules firmware's are organised with different timings. Which timing do you use? What is the pole number of the motors?

8. Miron Bogacki

Miron Bogacki Member

Ozkan: I have contact with Andreas but we can't solve the problem. I have standard firmware 1.08 with telemetry KHZ 16 Adv 18 the problems was also on 1.06 firmware.

9. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Miron,

It's hard to guess the cause. So, it's important that you need to go step by step to find the cause:

* Trying another set of motors
    * Trying another FC

will help you to find the source of the problem, I think.

I wish I could help more.

10. Miron Bogacki

Miron Bogacki Member

Thanks for help
    I am totally lost. As I wrote in the first post I used this herkules with totally different copter and the problems were the same...moreover for same flights they gone and the copter was working ok....but next they back and I had crush....
    I will check again different FC I have no idea what is wrong this current setup (mk3638 FC 2.2 Nc 1.0) It was working without any problems with BL 2.0 :(

Now on my top plate herkules III I have D -1 motor, C - 3 motor, B -5 motor and A - 7 motor and on bottom herkules I have D-2, A-4, B-6, C-8. Do you think it can be the cause of problems ? I also changed the cables connecting to board of herkules. Maybe I should use cable with 8 wire with the ground not 7 wires ?

11. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Did Andreas inspect the board? And offer changing the Herkules? Maybe there's a problem with the board itself?

12. Miron Bogacki

Miron Bogacki Member

I can send herkules III to Andreas but It's last step because I did it once in the past and he didn't notice the problem on his configuration. Andreas send me new herkules. That's second herkules which I have the same problems :(

13. Cam Batten

Cam Batten Member

Did you try a new FC Miron or have you managed to solve the problem?

14. Miron Bogacki

Miron Bogacki Member

Yes I tested new FC and problems are the same.

15. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Miron, only motors left as a possible source of the issue.

16. Miron Bogacki

Miron Bogacki Member

As I wrote earlier I was testing herkules III with different motors (KW10v2) and that end with the crash.

17. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

In the video are you in full manual mode? AH off? I'd like to see what the copter does in manual mode with AH on if its off.

18. Miron Bogacki

Miron Bogacki Member

19. Cam Batten

Cam Batten Member

Miron, I had a crash recently and have just rebuilt with herkules III and am having very similar problems. Mikrokopter stack with latest hardware and firmware, Herk III with latest firmware, Tmotor 3515-15, 6s 8000 (2x), 16 x 5.4 foxtech props.

I will film the aircraft tomorrow and post it here to show. All symptoms look to be the same as you. It wasn't that way prior to the crash. The things I have changed are, new Herk III with a newer firmware version (other one sent back for repair), two new motors, and switched from tmotor 16x5.4 to foxtech props.

20. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Can you deactivate PH in MK tools and fly again in altitude hold and show how it flies like this?