/dist/images/branding/favicon

M15 mounted to a Crane

Discussion in 'MōVI FAQ - Tips and Tricks' started by Robert Pflumm, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Robert Pflumm

Robert Pflumm New Member

Has anyone done this with the handles? I have the TiTH and the ninja star but I am looking to disconnect the movi from the crane and continue the shot hand held with the handles already attached. Thanks.

2. Ben Ruffell

Ben Ruffell Active Member

Yes. My grip made a rig out of clamps and things. Three points of contact. It worked fine.

(We were in a small town with an old crane, and had to come up with a solution...)

3. Chris Gerding

Chris Gerding Member

Mount another hole on top of the bars and a toad on the crane.
    Or, mount a Cardellini on the crane and LIGHTLY snug it down onto the center top handle. When the crane comes down, looswn the Cardellini and slip the Movi out.

I hope it's obvious that the crane grip must hold onto the arm when you remove the weight of the Movi.

4. Robert Pflumm

Robert Pflumm New Member

I hope it's obvious that the crane grip must hold onto the arm when you remove the weight of the Movi.

Yes it is. Thanks for the reply.

5. Kevin Descheemaeker

Hi Robert

We just made a sandbag with the same weight of the complete MōVI setup, when the crane comes down the MōVI operator picks up his rig and in the meantime we hang the sandbag as counterweight.

6. Jason Comparetto

Jason Comparetto Active Member

This is what we use for jib shots --

[​IMG]

Its the Cinema Oxide C-stand adapter for Movi. Its has clamps built into the hooks so that you can secure the handle bar to the jib, and then continue the shot handheld if you want. In this photo you can also go overslung with the Movi, achieving a higher angle on the jib. It has 3/8" tapped holes and 1/4" tapped holes on the baseplate to allow it to mount to any jib or tripod plate. It sounds like the OP can just go underslung with the Movi, so this will be even simpler.

7. Jonathan Ross

Jonathan Ross Member

Yes, Works great especially with a Redwing boom for mini jib jobs indoors. The Redwing keeps the angle true.

8. Nicholas Stich

Nicholas Stich New Member

jim mundell likes this.
  9. Jonathan Ross

Jonathan Ross Member

Thanks added it to our growing links list.