/dist/images/branding/favicon

M10 Full Camera Cage now available

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Denise Fitzgerald, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to let you know that the M10 Full Camera Cage kit ($449) is now available in the online store and the new MoVI Dock - C-Stand Adapter ($300) will be available on 20 October. We will be sending a product announcement newsletter via email shortly with photos and more details but wanted to make sure we announced here first.

2. Adolfo Cantu-Villarreal

Hi Denise,

Will Freely offer a case similar to the M5 travel case for the M10 with the Full Camera Cage? I really like the size and the 2 level configuration of the M5 case and would really like something similar for our M10.

Thanks!

3. Hi Adolfo,

Glad you like the M5 case size and design. There is some design work being done on additional cases but I do not have any confirmed release information yet, as soon as we do, I will let you know. I will also let our Engineers know that you liked the particular 2 level design of the M5 case.

Cheers,
    Denise

4. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Hi Denise,
    Any thoughts on making a similar case for the M15? About to pull the trigger on something, but like the design of the M5 case and inside better.

5. Frank Manno

Frank Manno New Member

Interesting.. I have a question.

In the description for the cage it says

"
    In about 30 minutes and with a few basic tools, you can outfit your MōVI M10 with a full cage to allow for a more solid mounting platform, higher tuning settings, and more stable images - especially with lighter camera setups."

What I'd like to know is what does 'higher tuning settings' mean and why would I want this? Could someone offer an explanation on this?

Does it mean that the stiffness values can be set higher and therefore result in more stable shots perhaps??

-Frank

6. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Frank it give more rigidity to the rig since you can secure the top of the camera and the 'cage' is fully connected on all sides. Higher tuning settings (higher stiffness) will give more precise results.