/dist/images/branding/favicon

MoVI Software Innovations?

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Sam Windell, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Sam Windell

Sam Windell Member

I have a friend that operates with a Gremsy and it has the ability to manually adjust horizon via thumb controls during solo operations AND the ability to control the gimbal via ipad motion control which make it superior in every way for helicopter operations and its a fraction of the cost of a movi. Will there ever be features like these provided for the movi? As an early adopter of both the M10 and M15 I'm content with how reliable they are, but my friend being smug about his Gremsy having more features and a less expensive alternative doesn't sit well. Maybe some teasers for innovations on the freefly front are in the works?

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Sam this is interesting. Bad enough that the designs and intellectual property are copied by Chinese companies. But this sets a new low bar. Looked at their documentation. Nearly a direct copy of the look and feel of the documentation from Freefly. A new low in piracy.

3. Sam Windell

Sam Windell Member

Yeah I thought so too Gary.

4. Angus Benson-Blair

Angus Benson-Blair Active Member

What is the range of the Gremsy / iPad connection. If it uses bluetooth then it will be useless for helicopter work.

5. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

Additionally, I had a friend that went through two of their gimbals, and we even did a side by side with my M10. The Gremsy stabilization was total crap, and he ended up sending it back and buying an M10. You can rip off the best, and still fall short, and the only thing going for you is some gimmicky features that will only work under the perfect (short range) conditions.

6. Sam Windell

Sam Windell Member

What mainly intrigued me was the ability to change horizon/tilt quickly with thumb controls, not the ipad app that only works within range. For filming out the side of a helicopter this would have helped me a buttload when losing my horizon above 70 knots constantly. Also, having the ability to autotune from an iphone would be pretty sweet. His gimbal didn't hold up well just a couple days ago on the octocopter and I had a chance to pick his bones a little bit at the superiority of the MoVI. I'll take quality over an inferior product any day though.