/dist/images/branding/favicon

Power distribution board options

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Dave King, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Hey all

Does Freefly still offer the power distribution board? I don't see their power board or the ESC's on the website or online store. Can anyone confirm? IF they are not selling them anymore is everyone using the power hungry board? If so which one?

2. Tristan Twisselman

Tristan Twisselman Active Member

I used to have the FreeFly board. When i needed a replacement they didn't have it and have never offered a replacement distro board only. I believe it is yet another discontinued product by FreeFly.

I am now using the mini-hive on my flat octo with freefly 40a esc and tiger 3515-400
    I have the Power Hungry on my X8 with kde 55a and 4014-380

The mini hive is about 1/4th the cost of the power hungry and seems to be working without any issues for me.

3. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Thanks Tristan which power hungry are you using?

4. Tristan Twisselman

Tristan Twisselman Active Member

Im using the PHS 8 set. It was the only one they had available when i bought mine. They have since come out with the 10 and 16. You could get the 10 and then use the open spots and a bec to power your LED and or whatever else on the copter itself. That is what I would do if i did it over again and the 10 was available.

5. Adam Paugh

Adam Paugh Distributor

Dave,

Here is the Freefly motor controller set in question:
    https://www.quadrocopter.com/Freefly-Motor-Control-Set_p_926.html

Greetings,
    Adam

Dave King likes this.
  6. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Hi Dave I have been using the power hungry distribution, PHS 10 set on a custom CS8 coax, 2x 6S, A2, U5, TM 40A ESC, lifting AUW 23 lbs and I love it, simply because it's deign makes so much sense for a PDB its so simple that you think its over price, but it is worth it, I added a smaller separate power distribution board for 12v and 5v accessories trough 2 buck down converters Power hungry just came out with a new insane 16 port one
    never the less I think Freely PDB is a very nice clean proven option too but I don't know if it will handle your high power needs

Dave King likes this.