/dist/images/branding/favicon

Sony A7r

Discussion in 'Cameras' started by Ryan McMaster, May 3, 2014.

1. Ryan McMaster

Ryan McMaster Active Member

Anyone using a Sony A7r? Looking to get one while we wait for our Phase one IXu 150.

Anyone recommend a good method of triggering this cam? Will be used in a single op setup on a hex. It triggers via a Micro USB. I have the pin out, just curious since its not like a N3 canon if it will work from an MK FC or if it will fry the FC.

Thanks!

2. Michael McVay

Michael McVay Active Member

When I had to find a non MK trigger for a canon (N3) I went with this:

http://www.rcshutter.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20&product_id=75

It plugs right into the receiver and has a few options for using a 3 position switch as well.

They have lots of different trigger options. I don't know Sony cameras enough to point you to a specific solution, but if you check it out you may find something that will work for you.

Ryan McMaster likes this.
  3. Ryan McMaster

Michael,

I don't know them well enough either. From what I have gathered the USB port that triggering comes from requires a special signal that I don't think a receiver or MK FC can provide. The a7/a7r trigger off a digital signal provided from the remote. I may wait until tomorrow and call sony to see if I can get an idea of if this is possible.

Also, I can do what I want a lot cheaper i think and get much better results by:

either adapting my Cinestar gimbal to the MK kopter and see if the lil guy can lift my 1Dx

or

buying a Canon 70d that fits my MK gimbal and plugs right in.

4. kjetil tønnesen

Hello
    have you get a trigger for sony a7r,i also need a trigger for this camera,and i wounder if you have found something?

5. Ryan McMaster

I bought some cheap knock off remotes and butchered em up. Just be sure to use the MK isolator switch if triggering from FC.

6. kjetil tønnesen

what did you mean ,just build your own trigger??:)

7. Ryan McMaster

8. kjetil tønnesen

can you explane how you did it?what cabel and wiresetup ??
    some pictures:)

9. Urs Clement

Urs Clement Member

I use the a7r too... My brother built an arduino based IR remote, you can find the lanc commands online... Works like a charm.

10. kjetil tønnesen

hello urs can he make one for my too?

11. Urs Clement

Urs Clement Member

Hi Kjetil

I'm Martin, the brother :)
    Yes, I can build you an ir remote für A7r. I don't know the shipping cost to norway, maybe it would be higher then all the electronic parts together. If you have soldering know-how, I can provide you all the schemas and parts needed for building my IR-Remote yourself. Also I an give you the source code, so you can modify the software for your needs.

Functions:
    Shoot a picture (with focusing first), Toggle Video Recording

Technical description:
    based on ATTiny85 (Atmel, 8Mhz), 5V operating voltage (no battery needed, plug it directly into your rc receiver), Status LED, separate Pins for the two functions (crimping tools needed), replaceable CPU for easy software updates, operating temperatures -55° up to +125° Celsius (for shots in the mountains...).

I'm not at home right now, but I can post pictures this evening after work if you want..
    Please let me know if you're still interested in a completely assembled and tested remote control or if you want to try it yourself.

Greetings from Switzerland
    Martin.

12. kjetil tønnesen

Hello sorry for late response her
    thanks for giving me this info .
    i have soldering know-how ,but maybe you can make one for me as well,i wil think about it and let you know,can you post some pictures off it,i havent get the camera yet .