/dist/images/branding/favicon

Is anyone using M5 & M10 on cablecam?

Discussion in 'Camera Mount Misc' started by Ozkan Erden, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if there are any cable cam operators between us. If there is someone here, I'd like to ask if you tried M5 & M10 or any other brushless gimbal on a cablecam? I'm %100 sure the footage is butter smooth but I'm looking for some experience and some footage. For instance, what was the maximum focal length that was usable?

Cheers,

2. Ashley Fairfield

Hi Ozkan,
    I did a test last week with a cable cam setup. It was just a slackline rather than a real cable cam but it will give you an idea. It would actually be more stable on a tight cable than the slackline I imagine. I used a 2.5K BMCC with a 14mm, which with crop factor turns it into roughly a 32mm I think. Didn't try other lenses.
    https://vimeo.com/user7317697

Arthur Vieira likes this.
  3. Arthur Vieira

Arthur Vieira Flight Squad

I did this 2 weeks ago, M5 with a 5D + 16-35 / 100mm macro / Sigma 28-300mm (up to 200mm).
    You have to make the cable very, very tense to eliminate any up and down movement as the MoVI doesn't correct this, for the rest just forget. With tele lens you must reduce a lot the Radio End Points and add a lot of Expo otherwise it will be tooooooo fast especialy on the Pan.
    Here are some photos of the setup, that's a PhotoHigher CableCam and the M5 is hand under it with strings only (last minute setup) and it worked perfectly.
    https://www.facebook.com/SkyTakes/p...82760_n.jpg&size=717,960&fbid=759167904128414
    https://www.facebook.com/SkyTakes/p...67536_n.jpg&size=960,718&fbid=759167937461744
    Good luck ;)
    Arthur

4. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Thanks for the messages guys!

We are evaluating cable cam option for events and for narrow and long shots where drones and body movement is not sufficient.

Arthur: How do you like Photohigher's cable cam? On the pictures it looks like more Photoshipone's solution.

5. Arthur Vieira

Arthur Vieira Flight Squad

Ops... my bet... that's PhotoShipone's... sorry. It's not mine so I'm always messing the 2 up :) http://photoshipone.com/flyline-cable-cam-system/

The cable is from a friend and that was the 3rd time he used it so we couldn't compare. We had a problem with the ESC but later we identified that it was a defective unit and it was replaced, besides that it works beautifully. Just connect a RC Receiver to the ESC (1 Channel only) and it's ready. The best part of the CableCam besides security and narrow places (compared to Multirotors) is the silence and absence of wind. We had to film a reality show where some girls had to compete on a pool (find a key, swim around, this stuff). The director wanted a clear view of the bottom of the pool the they were recording audio, so the Cinestar had to stay out of this. With the cable we only had to avoid it's shadow on the pool.

The more time consuming thing is to install the rope. We used 2 Zippy 8A 4S Lipos in parallel to help balance the big motor, we used the cable for more than 3h strait and the Lipos were almost full. I think this thing can run all day, we had to replace the M5 and the 5D batteries but not the Cables.

Ozkan Erden likes this.
  6. Rob Erik van Gelder

Rob Erik van Gelder New Member

Though not really with any brushless gimbal, here some clips of my system working with a Flight Head.
    Camera: Arri Alexa, Angenieux 17-80 lens , Boxx HD transmitter, Preston FF/zoom/iris

7. Mark Langille

Mark Langille Member

We are in the process of creating a custom cable cam for our own use with the Movi M5. Something to allow tighter areas, inside, etc where the UAV is not an option.

8. Paul Mackeson

Paul Mackeson New Member

Hi all

Here is a few shots from the other day using the Flyline cable cam and the M10 let me know what you think?

Cheers

Paul

Bryan Edmonds likes this.
  9. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Paul, that's an outstanding shot!

10. Paul Mackeson

Paul Mackeson New Member

11. Dale McCready

Dale McCready Member

I've been using the Flyline with gimbals for the last year. It's terrific. It's been on nearly every drama I've shot. Saved time and got some fantastic shots.

12. AdamSculthorp

AdamSculthorp New Member

To ditto Dales comments, the Flyline is excellent for the money...