/dist/images/branding/favicon

What happens during M5 boot up?

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Frank Manno, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Frank Manno

Frank Manno New Member

Could someone please explain what happens during the startup when I first turn my gimbal on?

Is the gimbal trying to work out where centre is? Does this mean that if title or pan is not perfectly centred that the gimbal will start up with 'centre' being incorrect?

Also what do the green LEDs mean at the back of the gimbal? What do they signify??

-Frank

2. Brett Harrison

Brett Harrison Active Member

Depending on the status of the majestic tilt setting: either tilt lock or majestic angle. If it's in majestic, it will orientate itself to the orientation of the rig, according to which 180 you're in - i.e. if it's closer to tilt up to reach a neutral position it will go the shortest route - remember the gimbal doesn't know where the lens front is.

If you're in tilt lock, it will hold its position from startup. But if it's not where you want it, it's fine to just position it with a bit of force to where you want it, or just use the remote.

3. Frank Manno

Frank Manno New Member

Actually thats something I forgot to ask but you answered it anyway.. Just to confirm, is it ok to force the motors in a certain position sometimes? They feel like they are holding very strong and it feels like I'm going to break something if I force the tilt/roll/pan into position with power on.. ?