/dist/images/branding/favicon

Over heating?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Carl F. Coates, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Carl F. Coates

Carl F. Coates New Member

A client had some issues with the Movi 10 outside at a football game. It stopped working after a while. once he took it inside for a bit, he took it back outside and it worked awhile then quit.

It was sunny and hot. Could it have over heated?

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Haven't heard of any overheating. Likely the battery was at the low end of the charge and it will bounce back a bit when turned off but will quickly quit working again. How many lights were showing on the MoVI controller box?

3. Carl F. Coates

Carl F. Coates New Member

Thanks Gary....very helpful....I appreciate it.

4. Mark MacEwen

Mark MacEwen Member

Ive had some trouble with the pan when doing look up shots, if in a forest and trying to do a canopy shot looking straight up, the M10 copes for a bit then the pan motor seems to give up, like its not strong enough or overheats . I know this angle is putting a fair bit of pressure on the pan motor but is there something else i could do to stop this happening as these shot are very useful and needed and its getting pretty frustrating ?? Ive just worked alongside another operator and the same thing happened on his rig.

5. Wolf Schiebel

Wolf Schiebel Active Member

Mark, i did such shots with an Epic and Ultraprimes with no troubles. The pan balance needs to be very good and you need fresh batteries.

See an example here:

All shots were done on the M-10 and a Q4-Cinecopter with an Imotion remotehead, look at 01:30 for the canopy shot.

Best,

Wolf

6. Mark MacEwen

Mark MacEwen Member

Hey Wolf

Thanks for the reply, I have been able to do it many time before as well, but had trouble more recently and it was when under more time pressure, so quite probable that the balance was not spot on. I'll do some tests when I get a chance, but I did wonder if that could be it too. What I had been noticing was that it would work well for a while, and start to give up the more I did the look up shots, I changed batteries as I thought that might be it but had the same problem. I just hoped that the motor would be able to compensate a little more, but it shows how critical good balancing is to begin with.
    Best

M