/dist/images/branding/favicon

New Product Launches...

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Denise Fitzgerald, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Lee, the start/stop feature works with a custom cable. I included a photo of the controller as its very different than the Futaba. There is no need to assign a channel to start/stop as it interfaces with the MōVI Controller receiver using the red push button. Its programmable within the controller itself to be momentary or toggle type. You can review the manual here: MŌVI Controller Manual

freeflyMoVI-controller_a590b214-c5b7-4ba3-809b-5e2d67548f08_1024x1024.jpg

2. Charles Bergquist

Regarding the MoVI Controller Follow Focus Upgrade kit, does the transmitter added on need to be powered as well? Are there plans for a video to explain how that portion of the controller works? That's the only thing holding me back at the moment, because the integration of the Red Rock is great.

3. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

4. Charles Bergquist

Right, but what's powering it, where is that power cable going? It could be totally obvious and I'm just missing something.

5. Derek Cooper

Derek Cooper Active Member

Receiver plugs into cable dangling from your Movi now - go have a look at your Movi. Cable pictured goes to your follow focus base station.

6. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Negative Derek. The Follow Focus transmitter is mounted to the MoVI Controller hand unit. The Follow Focus receiver is the Red Rock base station or Axis 1. The transmitter is powered by the Lemo via the connection on the front face (top in photo above) of the MoVI Controller.

7. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Brad is correct. The MoVI FF transmitter (same as the Receiver that is mounted to the MoVI for controller use) is a reprogrammed Receiver that you set to act as a Red Rock transmitter. It transmits directly to the Red Rock base station control unit that you plug the Red Rock motors into. Think of it as the transmitter that is built into the Red Rock Hand Control unit. Size is very small (30x35x10mm)

8. Derek Cooper

Derek Cooper Active Member

Makes total sense now. Thanks guys!

9. Charles Bergquist

Got it, thanks for the explanation guys!

10. JASPER GLAVANICS

Hi Brad, Any word on when the start / stop cable for the Red Epic will be available? Not having this feature is killing me .. as I had Start / Stop setup on my Futaba tx.

11. Adam Paugh

Adam Paugh Distributor

Hello Jasper,

We anticipate that the gentWIRE-RED (http://www.gentles.ltd.uk/gentwire/red.htm) when used in conjunction with the QuadroShutter will enable start/stop rec. from the Controller. The gentWIRE-RED should be arriving at our shop in the coming days.

Greetings,
    Adam

12. JASPER GLAVANICS

Hi Adam, Thanks for the post. I have an existing Gentwire that I was using with my Futaba tx that worked perfectly. Not sure what the QuadroShutter is, but will take a look at your link.

13. JASPER GLAVANICS

Adam, if you would be able to post some images of the correct setup with the GentWire and QuadroShutter, that would be a great help. As the description of how to connect all the units is a little hard to understand.
    One can draw 5 volts from the USB ports on the MoVI controller and then connect one of the cable to the Spektrum RX on the MoVI? How do you assign the red Start / Stop button to the shutter port on the Spektrum RX ?

14. Joshua Binder

Joshua Binder New Member

Is it just me or is no one else a bit irritated that those of us who not only spent $15k on the gimbal who gladly forked over $3500 for a controller that doesn't do a whole lot more than what we had until you spend another $100 for focus control... Which still leaves the F and I still doing nothing until the motor driver comes out.

So besides all of this which was somewhat tolerable and I guess expected, I have to fabricate my own record start stop cable for my epic?

Guys for the amount of money you are charging for this stuff it's starting to hit a breaking point for me where I'm paying top dollar for the highest priced product line in the gimbal marker and the answer to a lot of missing features is more gaff tape and zip ties??

I bought the controller because it would eliminate all of the gaff tape and dual lock and rickety crap I was forced to use to control my $15,000 dollar top of the line state of the art gimbal.

So I guess I'm asking point blank, are purchasing Freeflys products basically a partial submission to extra DIY costs for half of the features....?

I bought the controller and I do love it but I fear the focus IZ motor interface will be so expensive and still will require some inappropriate band aid for something in the price range.

I'm just puzzled at this point because I've stuck with FF and continue to and will through the upgrade again, but guys can we get rid of the macgyver crap. It's embarrassing in front of clients and now I have to worry about some idol on set or on a shoot talking about a Ronin if again I have a day where my M10 decides to just not boot up for an hour.

Let's pull this together... start stop functionality is on the $3500 purchase, we shouldn't have to break out the soldering iron to mske it work.

That's why I pay the extra money for the stuff that works because I don't here time to solder cables,

Sorry for the rant but with all that's going on which the upgrade I think if some of these basics were addressed at the gate the almost punitive pricing strategy wouldn't feel so painful.

15. Joshua Binder

Joshua Binder New Member

For the record I'm still waiting for a solution for my stand that came with the M10 which is useless following the $400 I spent on toad upgrade

16. Ben Ruffell

Ben Ruffell Active Member

Yes. It is annoying to me also.

I would have preferred a controller option without any of the lens control on it. Thats what my AC's do.

But, to have it all there, and not fully functional is boring.

Whats also boring is that the 2 pin lemo is the silly 'american standard' polarity as opposed to the wiring that every important manufacturer uses, the 'global standard' of Arri, teradek, paralinx, axis 1, etc, etc. Just shows that the guys making this stuff are making it up as they go, and are not talking to enough industry professionals and rental houses before they roll out equipment.