/dist/images/branding/favicon

M15 announces for $12k and no upgrade from M10

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Aaranyan Ramanujam, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Aaranyan Ramanujam

Aaranyan Ramanujam New Member

Wow ...upgrades for $5995 for early adopters ? At least it was $3500 earlier to upgrade. Once M15 starts to roll into the market, M10 will have its slow death. Any day M10-> M15 upgrade is better than buying a M15 for $5995 . is there an option to opt out and get it upgraded . I do not want a bunch of gimbals without use.

Is there someone who feels so ? Upgrading the M10 rather than buying a M15 for a discount ?

Please provide us options. Either this or that. We have bled already by paying $15K for M10.

2. Jacob Schwarz

Jacob Schwarz Member

I don't like the idea of owning two gimbals. I don't need them. Yeah it would be cool but not needed.

Freefly really messed up here. Now if they offered us new gimbals for the price of the upgrade that they promised that would be great but $2500 more is hard to shallow. i could just buy a ronin and have a 2nd gimbal have that be my 15lb rig. I love love Freefly products and really wanted a M15 too. I'll have to think on it for a bit before i move forward, but i can't think too long because i only have until the 30th!

3. Cameron Michael

For them to not even post an OPTION for us before announcing is pretty annoying, not going to lie..

4. Jacob Schwarz

Jacob Schwarz Member

Considering that all us early adopters helped get them were they are today. We all took big risk with our time and wallets to progress there brand. I put a deposit down at NAB 2013 in April without evening touching one it until finally got it October solely believing in the idea of it. Huge leap of faith. I understand a lot of things and what they are doing makes sense in a lot of ways for their business and giving us 50% off is coo, but i just hate my gut reactions of feeling cheated and mislead by them this year at NAB when i finally got the announcement tonight.

Life goes on.

5. Cameron Michael

business is business, I understand that. But I really thought there would have at least been SOME sort of early adopter post on the forum before we just randomly see it on Facebook....

6. Jacob Schwarz

Jacob Schwarz Member

7. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Wow, really not happy. I want the company to grow just like everyone else but you can't piss off and alienate your current customers like this. They should honor the $3k upgrade. I made many purchases based on those numbers. Even that is the cost of a Ronin which was hard to take. Which bye the way I have seen on a number of jobs and clients were happy with. It's gonna be hard to pitch clients the cost of the Movi over a Ronin as is.
    I have been told since April that the upgrade was $3k. Not once in all the conversations I have had with several FF employes did they say it would be more. If I had known it would be $6k I would have made other choices. Totally has killed what I do now. So pissed.
    I can't say I would want a company to take a hit money wise but you also have to take care of the people that have helped make your company grow, the people who have purchased and spread the word of your products. Does Freefly think this upgrade hike is a good thing for business?
    Where is someone from FF on here? Thought they monitor this?

8. Angus Benson-Blair

Angus Benson-Blair Active Member

Yup, this has come as quite a bit of a shock. Not only do we have to pay twice as much for the 15 than originally planned, it kind of makes the M10 redundant if you have the M15 so it is not a great choice at all.

To add salt to the wounds, that is one hell of a price drop on the M10.

9. Eric Ulbrich

Eric Ulbrich Member

I have to agree with everyone here. Im not happy at all. This is quite possibly the worst thing that freefly could have offered.

Really guys this is your reaction to the Ronin? What a joke.

Now not only am I going to have to pony up almost double what I have been planning and saving up for the upgrade to get an m15 but now Im suck with an m10 that will be obsolete soon. I dont have the money to operate and run two gimbal systems, we were told from the beginning the upgrade path was going to be around 3K, now its 6K for a new rig. Un-believable. What are you guys thinking???? Basically lying to your early adopters and customers???

This is not only a joke but a slap in the face to all of us that were early adopters of the system.

All I can say is Freefly a wag of my finger to you!

10. Jacob Schwarz

Jacob Schwarz Member

The things is i think Freefly realized it would cost more for them to upgrade in labor etc then to just sell new units. Material cost for these gimbals i promise you are well under $3k and if Freefly comes backs and offers that option to it loyal customs then everyone would be happy. The other options is to just have us send in our old units and give us new m15 and then they can sell the M10 as Battle Tested.

11. Joe Tamel

Joe Tamel Member

Yo Freefly… Love your products and have been with you guys from the start. You should honor the original upgrade offer to those of us that got you going. Like Eric said, the M10 will be obsolete once the M15 gets out there. Also, with the price drop of the M10, we won't even be able to sell it for much. Please reconsider the upgrade, or many of your customers are going to feel cheated.

12. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

This would be a loss to you if you did it. Look at it this way:

Trade in your M10 for an M15 for $3k

OR

Buy an M15 for $6k and sell the M10 for maybe $6k

You end up with the same result, and one of these options costs you $3k less.

13. Eric Ulbrich

Eric Ulbrich Member

I get it Austin but your assuming you will be able to sell your m10 for 6k when the ronin and competition costs less than half of that and also offers higher weight limits. Who do you think will buy a used movi m10 when they can buy a new ronin at half the price for more weight! Not to mention the headache of selling the gear, sitting on it and trying to find a buyer in less than a month.

14. Austin Glass

Who's comparing the M10 to the Ronin? People who already want to buy the Ronin will, but people who want a better gimbal already know they're going to buy an M10, so they will. They will either buy new, or they will buy used and save a little bit.

15. Martin McGuinness

Martin McGuinness New Member

This is a mis-step in an otherwise flawless customer relationship.
    Easy to fix: Bring back the original offer for those who would prefer it. Don't bully your customers with the two weeks closing deadline. Many "early adaptors" ended up out of pocket on their $5k deposit for months without complaining. We are your salesforce.

16. Eric Ulbrich

Eric Ulbrich Member

The general consensus in LA is that the movi and the ronin are both comparable to each other. Pay attention to other forums and listen to people outside the movi world. Almost all of them think the movi and ronin are the same and the movi is not any better even compared to their respective price points.

17. Eric Ulbrich

Eric Ulbrich Member

Agreed. This whole thing just feels wrong. I've been told three separate times 3-3500 for an upgrade. With this new pricing my only option to upgrade is sell me m10 to buy a ronin. That's sad and I imagine several people are in the same boat as me. I love freefly, I love buying American and with great people. I've always defended freefly over competitors, but alas with this announcement, I may have to take my business elsewhere.

18. Austin Glass

Oh, I spend a lot of time here and on REDuser. I see the threads on the Ronin. My vibe is that people go nuts over it because they want something to be cheaper than the Movi. Many of those that are honest about it generally feel that the M10 is miles better than the Ronin. And those that just want something cheaper than the Movi now have something that is: the Movi itself.

Alexander Sommer likes this.
  19. Joe Tamel

Joe Tamel Member

The Ronin is 9.25 lbs. which is almost 4 lbs. heavier than the M15. That is a deal breaker for me. Although I have not had one in my hands as of yet, it does look like they did a nice job with the design. And some of the features it has are pretty sweet like the power tap on the gimbal and the battery voltage monitor. But at it's weight right out of the box, I can't imagine rocking this thing for more than a few minutes at a time without the help of an EasyRig or something similar. Maybe I'm just getting old!

Christopher Wadsworth likes this.
  20. Martin McGuinness

Martin McGuinness New Member