/dist/images/branding/favicon

movi10 prices slashed by 50% ...M15 at $12,000

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Aaranyan Ramanujam, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Augusto Alves da Silva

Augusto Alves da Silva Active Member

Next thing they´ll do is selling ALL the M10´s and label them DISCONTINUED. Mark my words.

2. Pablo Rodal

Pablo Rodal New Member

All the while they have told us that the owners of the M10 would be the first to have the possibility to upgrade the M10 to M15 for $ 3,000. Now released for sale the M15 with other conditions. We'll see what they say to us now.
    I have always opted for Movi, because it is a machine that works well and does not give problems. In addition to any eventuality, technical support is provided to help you.
    But this new selling strategy is not something that pleases me.
    What will happen with our upgrades?

3. Kurt Wallrath

Kurt Wallrath Member

My guess is the upgrade path became too problematic and the announcement of the Ronin's price created some tough decisions for FreeFly.

I would buy an M15 in a heartbeat if FreeFly honored the $3k upgrade path by selling us an M15 for that price. Hell, the early adopter are easily going to lose $10K+/M10 they bought so I think the $3k for an M15 is fair! I could've bought a new car for $15K, run it into a wall and it would be worth more than my $15k MoVI that isn't even a year old yet!

4. Pablo Rodal

Pablo Rodal New Member

A few minutes after I've written this post, an Freefly email has arrived to me, with the offer of Movi M15 for $ 6,000 because I bought the M10 at first of all.

Personally I do not see it a bad option. It just depends on the situation of each person.

I'll think about it.

By the way, I wish Apple would do the same with their Iphones. hahaha

5. Markku Rytinki

Markku Rytinki New Member

My first post to this forum...
    and I think that this new pricing is bullshit.
    we ordered ours over a week ago, and Movi has not even arrived, but its value dropped by 50%
    feel that we have been robbed!!

6. Aliesha Staples

Aliesha Staples New Member

I am gutted brought our movi a couple of days ago it hasn't even arrived yet and we lost 4000usd plus the cost of import into the country. I struggle to name another company in the industry that has treated its clients with such disregard. Have emailed freefly for a response..... Nothing yet

7. Augusto Alves da Silva

I know the feeling Aliesha. Can you imagine how we all feel that know that was our money that actually gave them space to develop their products they now sell at half price? And now after we all proved the product was great they slash the price and give our competitors the weapons to get into the market and fight our businessess with half price same equipement? Very ungrateful from them. This is a symptom that Ronin price actually has affected Freefly to the point of betraying their own supporters. Shame on them. I am still giving them the benefit of the doubt and see how they will redeem themsleves from all this.

8. Jim Dahl

Jim Dahl New Member

This is ridiculous. Please refund me the difference in my M10, I haven't even had it 1 year.

9. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Wow, really not happy. I want the company to grow just like everyone else but you can't piss off and alienate your current customers like this. They should honor the $3k upgrade. I made many purchases based on those numbers. Even that is the cost of a Ronin which was hard to take. Which bye the way I have seen on a number of jobs and clients were happy with. It's gonna be hard to pitch clients the cost of the Movi over a Ronin as is.
    I have been told since April that the upgrade was $3k. Not once in all the conversations I have had with several FF employes did they say it would be more. If I had known it would be $6k I would have made other choices. Totally has killed what I do now. So pissed.
    I can't say I would want a company to take a hit money wise but you also have to take care of the people that have helped make your company grow, the people who have purchased and spread the word of your products. Does Freefly think this upgrade hike is a good thing for business?
    Where is someone from FF on here? Thought they monitor this?
    FF please keep in mind at some point one of your competitors will get it right and put out a product equal to or better then your product. Its already gotten close in a year. At that point all you have is your loyal customers who remain loyal because of the company and how they have been treated as a customer. This is not a move in keeping customers loyal in my opinion.

10. Augusto Alves da Silva

I have been always defending that the upgrades should be free of charge. The design improvements made on the M5 i.e. Camera baseplate, 3rd axis adjustement, camera cage...these are not upgrades I see them as design flaws which are normal in new products and that our users feedback showed you what to do and change. What I never understood was why we had to support (pay) the updates in design just because we were pioneers in buying a product. Freefly should be thankful to all of us who have shown the world what a good product it was....The people that didn´t beleive in you in the beginning or deliberately said it was too expensive for what it was now they will get it at half price. Perhaps they were right and we were wrong...

Charles Lim and jim mundell like this.
  11. Aaranyan Ramanujam

Aaranyan Ramanujam New Member

When the Red Epic prices were slashed the same way. Red gave $5k credit to customers who bought with high price and also gave a free dragon upgrade from Epic. That's what we call exclusivity for early adopters and appreciating the faith we had on Red digital.

Wish and hope freefly systems can adopt a thing or two from Red.

12. Hikari Homma

Hikari Homma Member

I think we've got spam mail.
    Or maybe I'm dreaming?
    I hope so...

It's totally unfair if this announcement coming true.

13. Michael Elsegood

Wow,

I have never had a bad thing to say about the product or the company. This is announcement is extremely disappointing, and I wouldn't expect this from someone like FF.

I bought an M10 as a pre order after they were originally announced at NAB '13.

Having bought a second M10 about a month ago as a backup, I'm now left to compete with operators who have bought an IDENTICAL unit for half the price. This is simply not possible. My $15,000 item now needs to be 'rented out' at the rate of a $8,000 item.

I hope Freefly understands that this is people's businesses being effected, these are not hobby toys or Christmas gifts. We buy these with business plans in mind, and based on Investment decisions. As a business we plan for depreciation with all film equipment, however a 50% decrease in value over night is simply unforeseeable. I now have two used pieces of equipment that now have to be valued somewhere lower than $8K, despite a unit having only done a single job.

I don't expect MoVi M10 to be compared with Ronin, I do however expect M10 to be compared with M10... For one customer to have a $15K M10 and another have an $8K M10 seems pretty unfair.

Augusto, I feel your pain and disappointment as a fellow early adopter and long time supporter. A sad day today.

14. Aaranyan Ramanujam

Aaranyan Ramanujam New Member

Find below the email from Freefly support as I sent a mail about this Betrayal and not keeping up their word on upgrades.

"Thank you for contacting Freefly Systems. We apologize for the frustration the change in plans has caused. Based on feedback from our customers, we learned that one of the largest concerns regarding any service process (including the upgrade) is the amount of time they are required to spend without their equipment (shipping time in sending the unit to us, time to complete the service here, and return shipping…). Customers repeatedly stressed that any amount of time spent without their units would effectively cost them money as they would not be able to work. After listening to our customer’s feedback, we recognized that requiring people to send in their units for an upgrade was going to cause MōVI owners to be without their units for an extended period of time. Therefore, we made a decision to change course and do something very different. We feel that the new promotion offers a much better opportunity (to get a new M15) at a significantly reduced price, and it eliminates the downtime completely. While we believe this is a much better solution for most customers, we do recognize that one plan cannot meet every customer’s needs and if this does not meet yours, we sincerely apologize and do hope that you will continue to grow with us."

I do not know how many customers here have given feedback to freefly about buying an altogether new M15 and also keep M10 for $6000 as the mail says. With 2 gimbals we will have to again invest on Wireless follow focus and monitoring systems, batteries, mounting plates, monitors etc... and then see the M10 attain a slow but sure death due to this pricing.

Pablo Rodal likes this.
  15. Orlando Briones

Orlando Briones New Member

So ridiculous. I'm am in awe of this crap. It happened to me when I had recently purchased from RED as well. I just always buy at the wrong time i swear.

16. Orlando Briones

Orlando Briones New Member

I feel worse for you. I am right in the middle of all these gigs, you don't think they are going to start asking for cheaper rates. This sucks man.

17. Philip Aarseth

Freefly needs to step up and do something to protect the user base they already have! If not they will lose the hearts and minds of people and we won't be willing to invest in a company when those investments turn out to be massive flops.

18. Corey Koniniec

Corey Koniniec New Member

I am not sure that I share a lot of your guys sentiment about how tragic today is. To me I feel its amazing. I own 2 m10's and my business is constantly busy working both of these units. Whenever I go out on a high end job I never show up without two units. Same goes for cameras becuase you never know when you will damage something or there will be a technical problem. Think about this. You purchased a gimbal for 15k that can do about 12lbs, you have no back up and if something goes wrong your client is looking at you like WTF, what do you do? Say sorry, yeah right!. Now for a small 6k investment you not only get a brand new gimbal that can support a lot more weight (thus bringing you up the big boy level of work) and your M10 can either be used as a backup or you can rent out to people as a clients as an more affordable option. I personally hit button to buy as soon as I could. I can't wait to offer my clients the highest level of product in the world and now have the ability to use heavier lenses and cameras. So with that said, would you rather pay 3500 send in your gimbal to be retrofitted with M15 components thus being out of a gimbal for a week or two or for a little more you will now have 2 gimbals and you will never miss a day of work. And don't worry about trying to compete with people who will buy the gimbal for cheaper. Experience is everything and that is worth every penny. Let all these guys who try to undercut each other burn out clients, it happens to me all the time. People come up to me and say hey I rented a MOVI for cheap and it sucked we hated it. Once we show them how it can be used properly and its true potential we gain customers for life. Come on all you "business" minded folks. This is a no brainer.

19. Augusto Alves da Silva

Perhaps to you but most people have already 2 gimbals Movi or not. I wonder if you are not a rental company why would you need 3 gimbals? Redundancy? Backup? I think by that line of thinking the gimbals have more backup than airplanes...

20. Corey Koniniec

Corey Koniniec New Member

I am definately not a rental company!! I so now I am going to upgrade 2 m10's with M15's Now I can go on bigger jobs with m15 as my primary and my m10 as backup and I can send out my other employees on jobs as well. We can now have 2 full working packages with a backup ready to travel and do any job in the world for the price of one gimbal. I for one and so excited for the next chapter in our pursuit to create the best movi images on earth. Also now I can travel with MOVI Multirotor and Tero and not have to switch gimbals between them all I can have each system rigged and ready to go thus maximizing time.