/dist/images/branding/favicon

Is my battery charging?

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Jack Klink, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Ray Roman

Ray Roman New Member

Thanks a lot Jack! I'm gonna email them now.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Ray also purchase a LiPo Battery checker. Inexpensive and they can give you more information about your batteries health.

3. Ray Roman

Ray Roman New Member

Just got this message from Freefly: "Since it has been 3 months since you purchased the MoVI, we will not be able to replace the battery for you. We have the batteries available on our online store for purchase and we have a team of dealers that carry the batteries as well. See link below."

That's great customer service. We'll ship you crappy batteries with known problems and make you buy new ones if they fail within 90 days of purchase and about 7 usages. Screw you Freefly!

4. Hi Ray...I can see that you are clearly frustrated with the response we provided in the ticket and I apologize. One of the reasons the batteries do not carry a term warranty like the MoVI itself is because we are not able to warrant against how the batteries are used and improper usage can cause the battery to discharge beyond the point that it can be charged properly again. All that said, we have generally treated battery issues on a case by case basis (as many of our customers here would attest to) and worked with the customer to better understand how the battery was used and in some cases made exceptions. I see that in your ticket, there doesn't appear to be any of that and for that I apologize. I can't guarantee that we can make an exception in your case, but I would hope that we can at least have some additional conversation through the support ticket you have open regarding how the battery was used and the current behavior. I will have the support engineer reach back out in the morning when they are back in the office so that we can get this resolved.

Best Regards,
    Denise

5. Ray Roman

Ray Roman New Member

That's great! Buy a $5000 gimbal and then have to worry about leaving the battery fully charged for too long or using the battery too long on a job. That's exactly what I want to do now..worry about my battery's "current behavior" instead of just being able to focus on a run and gun type job with the MoVi. Great support!