/dist/images/branding/favicon

Rental rates for Tero, Movi, Operators?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by jim mundell, Aug 16, 2014.

1. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Was wondering why everyone is charging for their rentals for the Tero, Movi, wireless video systems, wireless focus systems?
    And all above as a package if rented that way.
    Also what are you charging for Movi Operators and Movi movers/handlers…aka Movi Meat…heard that term at the workshop.

2. Drew Kachurak

Drew Kachurak Member

Jim there is an entire private thread on rental rates... Andy or Gary can add you to the list, just ask nicely :)

3. Mike Reid

Mike Reid Member

I base all of my rental prices for gear on 1/30th of the cost. That is how most rental houses will do their gear as well. Discounts apply for week and month long shoots. For the tero I would round up $166 to $200, possibly put a premium on it since there aren't many options for for an alterantive. I rent my movi for $500, then add on for extras like teradek, extra monitors, camera etc. Operator rates are extra and depend on if it is a music video, commercial or long format production.

Ozkan Erden likes this.
  4. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Thanks Mike, appreciate it.

5. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Hi Drew, Ive been one one thread on here that has gotten off topic with someone having issues on a job. Didnt have anything on the Tero from what I saw. But thanks. Will ask them…nicely…was I not asking nicely about this? Sorry if it came across otherwise.

6. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Andy or Gary could you please steer me in the right direction or link me to the thread on rates please. Thanks.

7. Drew Kachurak

Drew Kachurak Member

Not at all - I just suggested asking nicely to make a funny ;)