/dist/images/branding/favicon

WK-M Throttle Response/ Sensitivity

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Jon Fredericks, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Jon Fredericks

Wondering if anyone can assist with throttle sensitivity in the WK-M. Flying a heavy-lifter (22-27 lbs. AUW) in ATTI mostly, and I prefer to have a manual throttle or as close to it as possible. I can't seem to get away from a large dead-stick area in the WK-M. The WK-M doesn't seem to have a very sensitive throttle feel to allow for delicate maneuvers, and smooth transitions into climbs/decents. I really want to be in full control of the throttle, or close to it. Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Jon Fredericks

3. Brandon Loeser

On DJI flight controllers they don't "start" until you get to above 50%. So you may feel like it's not doing anything until you get to above half stick but that's the deal with them. Their controllers now have a spring throttle too. Mid stick is altitude hold once you're in the air. I hope that makes sense.

4. Jon Fredericks

Thanks Brandon, I'm definitely familiar with both of those items. I'm coming from MK flight controllers where the throttle is completely linear. When in the mid-stick range (i.e. 40-60%) on the DJI, the response time is exceptionally sluggish to react. Whereas with MK it is instantaneous. Just wondering if there is any way to get a full linear throttle with DJI, WITHOUT reverting to manual mode. It seems a tough nut to crack....:)