/dist/images/branding/favicon

Problem with pan while tilting

Discussion in 'MōVI Controller' started by Mark MacEwen, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Mark MacEwen

Mark MacEwen Member

I've been having a problem with the joystick on the controller that I wondered if anyone else had experienced. When I go to perform simple tilt moves in dual op, I frequently find I've introduced pan as well. It's as if there is not enough dead space on the joystick between the two functions. It to a degree that I'm not happy using it at the mo. I know I could turn down pan but that's not the point as I have an expensive controller that I want to use the full range of functions of, I've also played with the smoothing and the expo in the GUI and still have the problem, has anyone else noticed this ?
    I've used lots of hot heads, remote cameras over the years and never had this problem, it's too sensitive at the moment, if I perform a tilt and am a fraction of a mm off on left or righ then it begins to pan. Anyone worked around this ?
    Thanks
    Mark

2. Wolf Schiebel

Wolf Schiebel Active Member

Try enlarging the deadband in the gui. There is a parameter exactly for that, i´m also needing to enlarge it for my thumbstick, or i´m having the same effect.

Best,

Wolf

3. Mark MacEwen

Mark MacEwen Member

Hi Wolf,
    thanks for getting back to me, i can't see the deadband in the GUI, could you be more specific as if it works that would be great,
    thanks Mark

4. Wolf Schiebel

Wolf Schiebel Active Member

Hi,

i´m not having my MōVI at hand right now, but there is the remote operator config menu and the deadband is called Pan and Tilt joystick window in this menu. The default setting is 8 if i remember correctly, i had to set it to something like 30 for the thumbstick.

Best,

Wolf

Edit - This one:

Remote Operator Config Menu: This menu contains preferences for operation in Dual Operator mode. Use these settings to adjust the feel of the pan and tilt joysticks.Pan Joystick Smoothing - Sets how much smoothing is applied to the Pan Joystick in Dual Operator mode.Pan Joystick Expo - Sets how much exponential is applied to the Pan Joystick in Dual Operator mode. Higher exponential makes the joystick less sensitive in the center and more sensitive at the edges.

----> Pan Joystick Window - This defines a range of Pan Joystick movement that will be ignored at the center of the joystick travel.
    ----> Tilt Joystick Window - This defines a range of Tilt Joystick movement that will be ignored at the center of the joystick travel.

5. Mark MacEwen

Mark MacEwen Member

Ill give that a go, thanks wolf.

6. Mark MacEwen

Mark MacEwen Member

Wolf thats done it, I had to take it unto 38, but its worked and is now a usable bit of kit, thanks very much, really appreciate your help
    best

Mark