/dist/images/branding/favicon

T-motor MN4120 octo

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Michael Braun, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Michael Braun

Michael Braun Member

2. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Michael, what's your intended AUW for the copter? I think 15" prop will not be enough on a 400KV motor. You might want to put some 16" or maybe 17" props for this motor to generate enough lift for Red Epic and a light gimbal (like M10).

I would check out KDE 5215XF-435KV if you want to keep the copter footprint small; it will generate enough lift with 15" props. You can even try triple blade system of KDE. I think Benjamin from Yoner Blue Films use these triple blade adapters and quite happ with them. You use DJI S1000's 15x5.2 props with the adapter and it generate %10-15 more thrust than a typical two blade prop.

Another note is, for long term usage I would recommend to look into the motors which doesn't use c-clips or e-rings for holding the shafts. Tiger U series and Tiger XF series don't use c-clips for holding shafts.

What flight controller and ESC are you going to use?

3. Michael Braun

Michael Braun Member

Thanks for the info Ozkan, I will check that.
    I don't know yet the exact specs which I would like to have, but it will have DJI WKM flight controller and it should be as small as possible :)

4. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

If you wanna keep the kopter small as possible, then you'd better opt for a higher KV motor, like 435KV-465KV on a flat octo.

Or, you can follow X8 route and still can use 400KV motors with bigger props. You can even make the copter smaller with an X8 configuration.

5. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

I just bought these motors for my flat 8. U5's won't enough soon.