/dist/images/branding/favicon

Start up problem

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Bledar Hasimi, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Bledar Hasimi

Bledar Hasimi New Member

Hello Freefly forum :)
    I have installed the radian on my 2 axis gimbal cinestar 8 and when i turn on the power on the radian it's start's moving the gyro (savox sxsc-1258tg) uncontrollable in different directions every time i start it on, sometimes its configure ok and the gyro are in exact position but this happens one in ten time try's.
    I have made several times the firmware reset but the same thing always happens.
    What do you guys think? it's a software problem or it has to be related with the hardware?
    On the attach i have uploaded my configuration on the radian software.
    Waiting for you reply's
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Jim Swanson

Jim Swanson Member

Your belt is on and tight?

3. Bledar Hasimi

Bledar Hasimi New Member

Yes i its on and well tight, thanks for the reply btw :)

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Bledar:
    Can you post an image that shows how you have the Radian sensor mounted on the roll axis (which corresponds to the previous image you posted).

Also can you tell me for the tilt Radian sensor what connectors you have in each port -- and the same information for the roll port.

Finally, can you tell me how you are providing power to the Radian sensors?

Thanks
    Andy.

5. Bledar Hasimi

Bledar Hasimi New Member

Ok Andy,
    I will post tomorrow a new photos and i will try to make a video for these confusion
    Thank you

6. Bledar Hasimi

Bledar Hasimi New Member

The power to radian is an coverter that i buy to quadrocopter, 12v to 5v, and the conection it is right like pdf downloadet from freefly system web. The problem is that some time work good some time make strange movements. It is like forget the memories. I need to wait 10 minutes of and try again :(

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Bledar:
    Hmmm. With that description, it's hard to understand what might be going wrong.

Is there a chance that you could take a screen shot of the diagnostic and configuration windows of the Radian software:

1. As it should be set when everything is working?
    2. When you have the failure?

Thanks
    Andy.

8. Bledar Hasimi

Bledar Hasimi New Member

I have one week working on that, tryin from beganin, i fave read all the post on the forum.:( i will try to make tomorrow some photos.
    Thank you.

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Bledar:
    Thank you. The problem is that your original posting at the top of this thread shows the Radian system has been disabled.

Could you also tell me which radio receiver you are using and how it is connected to a Radian sensor -- and also which sensor it is connected to (tilt or roll)?

Thanks
    Andy

10. Bledar Hasimi

Bledar Hasimi New Member

I have a wftfly 09, 2.4gh coverted whith a quadro ppm, conected to radian rool, 1- channel, to the rool servo is conected olso the servo in channel4. The tilt radian is conected whith tilt radian channel 1 to 3 ollso tilt servo in channel4. Sorry my english

11. Bledar Hasimi

Bledar Hasimi New Member

Do you think my chinese radio can make these?

12. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Thanks, Bledar. I understand how difficult it is to write in English for you.
    What language do you normally write in?

I am wondering whether thee W-Fly WFT 09 receiver is adding electrical noise to the slew signal that you are feeding into port 1 of the roll servo? Is there a way you could disconnect the converter, but still provide +5v power to the Radian roll sensor just to see if the uncontrollable moving stops?

Another way you could test is to connect the Radian Software to the Radian Roll Sensor, turn the Radian system to Stabilized Slew mode, and look at the green slew indicator in the diagnostic window -- is it also moving uncontrollably?

Thanks
    Andy.

Bledar Hasimi likes this.
  13. Bledar Hasimi

Bledar Hasimi New Member

I am from albania europe, i will try tomorow morning all your sugesstions
    Thank you very much

14. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Ju falënderoj për mua thënë se ju jeni nga Shqipëria. Unë nuk jam i sigurt se sa mirë do të punojë Google translate kështu që unë do të përgjigjet në anglisht dhe shqip.

falënderim
    Andy.
    ---
    Thank you for telling me that you are from Albania. I am not sure how well Google translate will work so I will respond in both English and Albanian.

Thanks
    Andy.

15. Bledar Hasimi

Bledar Hasimi New Member

hi Andy, i have tried to put another source +5v but the same thing, in the radian software i have wait for several minutes and the servo are OK in slew mode of. i take on and off o_O. look the video, when i put off mode 5 look what heappened :(

16. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Bledar.
    Unë e kuptoj se çfarë ju thotë. Në fund të videos, lëvizja e papritur çmendur. Ajo duket si zhurma elektrike në sinjal që ndikon të gjithë aksin.

1. Mund të më thoni saktësisht se si ju keni sensorë radian lidhur? Ju lutemi të identifikojë çdo sensor dhe lidhjet për çdo port në çdo sensor.

2. Se ju ndiqni këtë procedurë lutem:
    a. Me sistemin mundësuar off, të lidhë deri USB përshtatës dhe nga PC juaj në sensor radian në të cilën ju keni marrës lidhur.
    b. Pushtet në gimbal dhe sensorë me transmetues të vendosur për mënyrën Off për sensorë radian.
    c. Përdorin softuer radian, klikoni mbi butonin Connect për të lidhur në radian sensor lidhur me reveiver tuaj.
    d. Kliko në butonin lexuar.
    e. Merrni një e shtënë ekran të dritareve diagnostike dhe Konfigurimi dhe pas atë në këtë temë me përgjigjen tuaj në pyetje 1.
    f. Kaloni sistemin radian për çfarëdo mënyrë ju keni atë në video tuaj në fund, kur ndodh që lëvizja çmendur (unë nuk mund të them se çfarë mënyra që ishte nga video tuaj).
    g. Kur lëvizja ndodh çmendur të marrë një e shtënë ekran të diagnostike dhe dritaret e konfigurimit përsëri dhe të postoni se në këtë temë.

falënderim
    Andy.
    ---
    I understand what you mean. At the end of the video, the sudden crazy movement. It looks like electrical noise on the signal that affects all of the axis.

1. Can you tell me exactly how you have the Radian sensors connected? Please identify each sensor and the connections to each port on each sensor.

2. Than you follow this procedure please:
    a. With the system powered off, connect up the USB and adapter from your PC to the Radian sensor to which you have the receiver connected.
    b. Power on the gimbal and sensors with the transmitter set to the Off mode for the Radian sensors.
    c. Use the Radian software, click on the Connect button to connect to the Radian sensor connected to your reveiver.
    d. Click on the Read button.
    e. Take a screen shot of the Diagnostic and Configuration windows and post it to this thread with your response to Question 1.
    f. Switch the Radian system to whatever mode you have it in your video at the end when that crazy movement occurs (I cannot tell what mode that was from your video).
    g. When the crazy movement occurs take a screen shot of the Diagnostic and the Configuration windows again and also post that to this thread.

Thanks
    Andy.

17. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Bledar.
    Unë e kuptoj se çfarë ju thotë. Në fund të videos, lëvizja e papritur çmendur. Ajo duket si zhurma elektrike në sinjal që ndikon të gjithë aksin.

1. Mund të më thoni saktësisht se si ju keni sensorë radian lidhur? Ju lutemi të identifikojë çdo sensor dhe lidhjet për çdo port në çdo sensor.

2. Se ju ndiqni këtë procedurë lutem:
    a. Me sistemin mundësuar off, të lidhë deri USB përshtatës dhe nga PC juaj në sensor radian në të cilën ju keni marrës lidhur.
    b. Pushtet në gimbal dhe sensorë me transmetues të vendosur për mënyrën Off për sensorë radian.
    c. Përdorin softuer radian, klikoni mbi butonin Connect për të lidhur në radian sensor lidhur me reveiver tuaj.
    d. Kliko në butonin lexuar.
    e. Merrni një e shtënë ekran të dritareve diagnostike dhe Konfigurimi dhe pas atë në këtë temë me përgjigjen tuaj në pyetje 1.
    f. Kaloni sistemin radian për çfarëdo mënyrë ju keni atë në video tuaj në fund, kur ndodh që lëvizja çmendur (unë nuk mund të them se çfarë mënyra që ishte nga video tuaj).
    g. Kur lëvizja ndodh çmendur të marrë një e shtënë ekran të diagnostike dhe dritaret e konfigurimit përsëri dhe të postoni se në këtë temë.

falënderim
    Andy.
    ---
    I understand what you mean. At the end of the video, the sudden crazy movement. It looks like electrical noise on the signal that affects all of the axis.

1. Can you tell me exactly how you have the Radian sensors connected? Please identify each sensor and the connections to each port on each sensor.

2. Than you follow this procedure please:
    a. With the system powered off, connect up the USB and adapter from your PC to the Radian sensor to which you have the receiver connected.
    b. Power on the gimbal and sensors with the transmitter set to the Off mode for the Radian sensors.
    c. Use the Radian software, click on the Connect button to connect to the Radian sensor connected to your reveiver.
    d. Click on the Read button.
    e. Take a screen shot of the Diagnostic and Configuration windows and post it to this thread with your response to Question 1.
    f. Switch the Radian system to whatever mode you have it in your video at the end when that crazy movement occurs (I cannot tell what mode that was from your video).
    g. When the crazy movement occurs take a screen shot of the Diagnostic and the Configuration windows again and also post that to this thread.

Thanks
    Andy.

18. Bledar Hasimi

Bledar Hasimi New Member

Hi Andy,
    Sorry to be late in reply. I was out of my city for 3 day. I have made some videos from my cinestar and it was all good. I dont understand how but now it is ok. I dident change nothing from the last.

19. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Bledar
    How strange.
    Could you test again in the same place where it was failing before? Perhaps there is radio interference there? I am, of course, just guessing.

Andy

20. Bledar Hasimi

Bledar Hasimi New Member

Can you give me some configuration of tilt and roll, i use 5 d mark 2 whith 17-40mm. I