/dist/images/branding/favicon

MoVI M5 for hyperlapse work?

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Davide Roveri, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Davide Roveri

Davide Roveri New Member

Hi everybody!

I'm constantly looking for new ways to improve the process of capturing material for hyperlapses and I was wondering if the M5 could be used with my Canon 5D to easily create walking sequences instead of using tripods and/or monopods which is a painfully slow process both during the capture and afterwards with all the stabilisation work needed in after effect! :)
    Has anyone ever tried to use the M5 for this task? Any thoughts on that?

Thank you for your kind attention, have a great day everybody!

Davide

2. David Cooper

David Cooper Member

That occurred to me shortly after I received my M5. I will test out the idea on a 5D with a 28mm and post what I get to see if it's usable..

3. Davide Roveri

Davide Roveri New Member

Hi David, thanks for your reply! That would be awesome indeed! :)

In theory if it's good enough for video (and it definitely is from what i've seen!) it should have no problem with just 1 or 2 still frames every second or at least that is my thinking! The thing i would like to test is how much i could drag the shutter in order to have a nice amount of motion blur in the final movie (the thing i dislike the most about hyper lapses generally is that you have to keep the shutter speed much quicker than the interval between frames and the result always looks choppy!)

Let me know what you'll find out, I'm looking forward to see the results!

Cheers!

4. Jamie Guy

Jamie Guy New Member

Any Updates on this?